we have enough midfielders! (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We will get Kapo, and either Jank or Pizarro. Who would you rather have though, Pizarro or Jank? Pizarro is a natural playmaker, so he could help add creativity. But Jank is more like Nedved, so we don't need him. We need someone to help control the pace of Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'd take Pizarro over Jank because as you pointed out, the former is a natural creative midfielder, while Jankulovski is more of a left wing back/left winger imo.

Jul 28, 2002
sack both of them off right now...lets forget dodgy buys in pizzaro andank..how about we grow cahoonies for once and buy a potential massive sa??

Diego.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
sack both of them off right now...lets forget dodgy buys in pizzaro andank..how about we grow cahoonies for once and buy a potential massive sa??

Diego.
Most people here would like to see Diego, Van der Vaart, Rosicky, somebody like that in Juve next season, but the chances of that happening with Moggi in charge are very minute, that is unless Nedved leaves.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
I say buy Pizarro and Kapo, then Mexes and Ferrari, and also Gilardino, and we will be set to win again next season.
Sounds good to me. I'd prefer Rosicky and Rothen to Pizarro and Kapo but hey...

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Most people here would like to see Diego, Van der Vaart, Rosicky, somebody like that in Juve next season, but the chances of that happening with Moggi in charge are very minute, that is unless Nedved leaves.
dammit stu, send me to visit moggii and id ensure we get him...its ****ing financial sense.

kaka went for 5 million, 5 ****ing million!!! we could bought three kaka's for the money we spent on divaio!! Diego is gonna go for a low figure also, and so is mexes....surely we can afford these guys somehow, cos we have aging squaf, that needs replacing...these guys fit the ****ing bill.

Man its gonna piss me of massivve style if we let mexes and diego go to competition, especially if they go for less than what we bought our crap in for...man its gonna piss me off BIG

Jul 28, 2002
yep stu, hence my slightly pissed attitude :D...........:fero:

i need a crazy smilie, kinda like a raging bull or sumink, to signify the seriously pissed moods :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I agree mostly with Ian.

Here is a breakdown of our midfield.

Camo- Not good enough for a starting player, IMO. And way inconsistent as well as doubts about his stamina.
Conte - Old Warrior who should fill in odd game or two in case of injury crisis.
Tudor - Not a midfielder full stop. Why not use him as a defender when there seems to be lackage of those in the team?

Those three players IMO, are definetly not a starter quality in the team.

Tach - average, mediocre, a role player. Doesnt matter when team is filled with Zizous, Davids, Alexes, etc. but matter when we have Legro, Montero, Appiah, formless Thuram in the team.
Appiah - While brilliant last year and had encouraging start, he lost his way.
I think offseason break will do him good where he can get some rest and may work over some of the aspects in the game, especially reading the tempo and techniques. Nonetheless offers some intriguing raw talents.
Blasi - another Tach in waiting, just younger and offer a bit more in the attacking end.
Brighi - Not turning out to be the player he was supposed to be: Marco Tardelli like warrior in the midfield.

While Tach is servicable if the environment is ideal, but he is way to inconsistent and not that special.
Appiah, Blasi and Brighi, on the other hand, are less known quantity than Tach. And none of them have experience playing full time in big teams. Having three projects in one season is not ideal.

Nedved - Aging and might fetch some money that could help us rejuvenating our team.

I only see Maresca and Zambrotta as a keeper.

The first group of players, with the exception of Conte, should be sold or shifted to other position (Tudor). The second group of players offers similar attributes and lacks experience with the exception of Tach. They are servicable players though IMO.
Nedved is a cornerstone of the team but with our financial position his sale could be critical. Although I doubt team would let go Trez, Thuram, Nedved all at the same time, there is strong chance that this is Neddy's last season, IMO.

This leaves us with Maresca, Zambrotta, Kapo as a lock one or max. two players out of Tach, Appiah, Blasi, Brighi. Considering Nedved's position depends on the strategy of the team its half and half.
This means that as of now there are about 5-6 players in our midfield right now one which may spend most of his time on defense. Out of this team I would have rotation of Maresca, Kapo, Tach/Appiah/Blasi/Brighi which isnt much. Not to mention the fact this rotation lacks creativity, passing, and width. Rational thing IMO is to sell Nedved Tach (though not necessity) and include one or two of Blasi, Brighi, or Appiah (preferably Blasi and Brighi) to sign well known young international talent (Rosicky, VDV, Aimar - being the first choice) and seasoned serie A veteran (Pizzaro, Jankulovski, Jorgenson).

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i disagree with camo not being good eno0ugh(as usual).he's shown us time and time again what he's capable of and whenever nedved is absent/off form camo steps into his boots and provides alot of creativity to the team.yes he does lose the ball sometimes but he is one of the few midfielders in juve who can dribble through three and place a killer ball for trezeguet.he can be very potent from set pieces as well,and is a helluva crosser.he links up well with thuram and nedved,plus he is a genuine fighter in the team(unlike di vaio:rolleyes:) and imo remains an important part of the team.

he's put a good number of goals and assists(second only to nedved probably) and is capable of putting in a screamer or two,something the mercurial zambrotta cannot do.

May 17, 2003
I would still prefer Zambrotta than Camo any day to play in the right wing. I don't see Camo bieng too effective in our team consistently at all.. I would NOT say he's A HELL OF A CROSSER coz if he was (the likes of Recoba, Beckham, Figo, Giggs ect...), we would not be doing this bad IMO, knowing the amount of playing time he's had. I even think Zambrotta is a better crosser on the right foot.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
zamby on the right wing may be better,but no one will be able to take his place on the left so zamby on the left and camo on the right remains the best option.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think our midfield is actually crap compared to other giants around europe. what do we have? we have an ageing champion in nedved, and one young star in Maresca who still hasnt found a regular spot in our team.

davids made tacchinardi look good. camo is hot on cold most of the time. conte is old and shouldnt even be mentioned. tudor is a defender. appiah is struggling and i doubt he will be a future regular. blasi isnt special. brighi should be sold, he looks to be a one season wonder boy.

IMO we need upgrades in midfield. Pedretti has been rumoured lately, there is a start. he is better than blasi, brighi and even appiah.

i think juve should consider looking at players such as Emerson who looks to be leaving. and a quality playmaker such as van der vaart who has experience in the CL and at national level.

i'm sick of getting these Serie A midtable teams midfielders.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Following the analogy, we dont need central defenders either

Iuliano
Ferrara
Tudor
Leg
Montero
Thuram

6 players for 2 place

furthermore we dont need attackers

Miccoli
DP
Trez
DYO
Zalayeta(loan)

and so on...

The solution to your problem is simple: SALE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)