We Don't Attack Enough (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
doesnt surprise me at all. del piero and miccoli have been injured. camo is benched at times. playing with 3 DMs in the team. it only makes sense to be honest.

personally, i think we can get around this by playing Maresca instead of tacchinardi. he is more offensive and is able to do tacchinardis job with ease.

once we get a full line up, we need del piero, nedved and miccoli all playing. at least that way, trez will get more service, as would di vaio when he gets his chance.

wouldnt mind this line up:

----------buffon

thuram--legro---tudor--zambro

----------maresca--davids(appiah)

-----------------nedved

-------miccoli----trez----del piero

gives us a lot more attack......Maresca is a player who is good at both defending and attacking....so we would still have plenty of cover.

another line up:

buffon
thuram legro tudor zambro
camo maresca appiah nedved
trez del piero

that would work well as also.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I like the second one better since the first will mean no wing play thus too predictable when we base all our attacks from the centre.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    Hmm interesting, so who are the wingers in the second one?

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    as long as it gets in the goal enough to win every game.......but still, I see what you mean-more shots should definitaly mean more goals. however, look at liverpool-they lead the EPL in shots on target per game, but they aren't doing well at all. of course, part of it is their horrible luck.......;)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    from DaJuve:

"I get your point gray but as Ian pointed out Italian teams stop attacking after scoring 2 goals (a sad fact indeed) but the formation you've posted won't hold...."
    Ahem, I think that used to be the case before. But it isn'n now. Look at how Roma scored 5 past its opponents. Juve started-off their campaign thumping 5 past Empoli. Inter, no matter how defensive they are, thumped 3 past Arsenal in 1 half.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    I like the second one better since the first will mean no wing play thus too predictable when we base all our attacks from the centre.
    but in that formation, we are predictable going through the wings. so realistically, i believe the first gives us more options and the better play.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    maybe a 3 man defence could be the solution..;)

but we are having problems in the back,,so is not a good ida for now

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    We'd all love to see that Hydde, but the truth is... Lippi will never play a 3 man defence :down:

Aug 1, 2003
    juve do get goals they need, but yeah, u cant only rely on iuliano to be at the right place at the right time nor pavel nedved scoring from long shots.

we should try to attack more!! and sometimes juve tend to waste the chances they get. plus, i sometimes feel juve play quite.. dull. the defence is not having a great time, i think the midfield works according to their own mood and our strikers are either unavailable or off form.

yet we win!! great, isnt it? aih, im kinda stressed bout this.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Nice Topic Gray. Im with you on the entertainment level. I love Juve cause we play for each other and everyone is so hard working. All our attacks are based from the centre nowadays. So far this season I havent seen many crosses, and Camo has hardly got in behind defences and put in some quailty balls. We do have a deadly aerial threat in Trez but I cant remember his last headed goal. I still love our stlye of football and enjoy watching quality defending. As for the EPL, I just watch the highlights. I cant stand watching a full game. Shit is awful:D Its like this. Henry Owen etc may have 600 shots on goal and end up with a few goals but Trez, Vieri, DP, Montella etc will get say around 2 shots on goal and 2 goals:D Italian football just conditions the forwards to be more deadly due to very few chances. For entertainment and attacking football it was our 97/98 squad. Alessandro the greatest provided the fireworks but otherwise things were still pretty much the same. Lippi was The Don Won Gambino and our team played with the same team spirit. Davids was better going forward. Our current team play is still sweet but I agree that we should be more threating up front(as if Nedved aint scary enough:D)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I really don't see the reason to complain :) We are breaking all our previous records from under the Lippi eras. We have 2 more points than in the 94/95 season, 2 more goals than in the 95/96 season, we won the first 2 CL matches just like the 95/96 and 97/98 seasons.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    The question is, though, were they convincing victories, in which our attack dominated and were constantly putting the opposing teams under pressure?

I say nay.

++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    ?? why are you :down: gray? I don't really think a 3 man defence is a great idea......
    Because we have so much dang attacking potential that i think we should give it a go ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    The only match were we did not really put the opposition under pressure was in the last 30 minutes of the Roma match, otherwise even if we did not play well against Bologna (which we never do during this period), we still put pressure on them especially in the second half.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Because we have so much dang attacking potential that i think we should give it a go
    @gray: you're damn right, but i think no need to dismantle the defence..... we can do better.... for a start..... just don't put Trez as lone striker.

I really don't see the reason to complain We are breaking all our previous records from under the Lippi eras. We have 2 more points than in the 94/95 season, 2 more goals than in the 95/96 season, we won the first 2 CL matches just like the 95/96 and 97/98 seasons.
    @Zizou: am not complaining Zizou :) just thinking that we could do better, as gray said..... "we have so much dang attacking potential " :D

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    @gray: you're damn right, but i think no need to dismantle the defence..... we can do better.... for a start..... just don't put Trez as lone striker.
    Indeed, you are correct. I think that Trez has proved many times now, that he can not act as a lone striker. We should stop trying to make him do it.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    whether we play with a 3 man defence or not, it wont change anything. We'll just have camo and zambro taking the whole wings, which limits camo's attacking abilities as he'll be defending more.

it leaves tacchinardi and davids/appiah as the 2 DMs, which wouldnt change anything.

Nedved will still play behind del piero and trezeguet.

so in reality, players wont change, and if anything, we'll probably lose out more play from the wings.

what about trying for nedved back on a wing.

buffon

thuram legro tudor zambrotta

---------------maresca

camoranesi------------nedved

---------------miccoli

-------trezeguet-----del piero

basic 4-4-2, with a diamond in midfield. Maresca is DM position will do a great job. he is able to pass and defend well. camo and nedved back on the wings with miccoli behind the forwards, and of course he and del piero can interchange.

i think this team could really work well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)