WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

It was a reaction to Capello asking him to warm up and include Zalayeta instead. What did Lippi do today? He made him warm up and included Toni instead.
Two different situations if you ask me. Capello made Del Piero warm up for 40 minutes and then brought in someone who isn't as good as Alex (my opinion anyways). Both Toni and DP were warming up and Lippi opted for Toni, who I'm sure Alex will admit is in better form. I think DP was ticked off because Capello made him warm up for 40 mins.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would have played Camoranesi, Pirlo and De Rossi in midfield; Totti, Cassano and Gilardino in attack. If Gilardino was injured Toni will come in.

RomaFan

Sep 3, 2005
I would have played Camoranesi, Pirlo and De Rossi in midfield; Totti, Cassano and Gilardino in attack. If Gilardino was injured Toni will come in.
Cassano wouldn't have been any good. He hasn't played enough.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Two different situations if you ask me. Capello made Del Piero warm up for 40 minutes and then brought in someone who isn't as good as Alex (my opinion anyways). Both Toni and DP were warming up and Lippi opted for Toni, who I'm sure Alex will admit is in better form. I think DP was ticked off because Capello made him warm up for 40 mins.
But Capello explained why he chose Zalayeta over Del Piero, why won't that convince you? I am not defending Capello here, I wanted him to take Zlatan off the pitch and I didn't care who would come in instead.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I completely agree with you. Seeing as Cassano wasn't in the squad and Gilardino got injured who would you have started? Del Piero, Vieri or Iaquinta?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I completely agree with you. Seeing as Cassano wasn't in the squad and Gilardino got injured who would you have started? Del Piero, Vieri or Iaquinta?
I would go for Toni instead of Gilardino and Iaquinta instead of Cassano. PLayers like Vieri and Del Piero have been used and abused in the NT and proved unworthy.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by RomaFan ] ++

Thats just because of Lippi's Juve days that he gave Del Piero the call up.
Exactly, had it been any other manager than Lippi, Del Piero would either have joined Miccoli watching wrestling or watched the game on TV in Torino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)