WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (13 Viewers)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
The World Cup qualifying takes off again next week, with Italy playing two matches.

Saturday, September 3: Scotland vs Italy
Wednesday, September 7: Belarus vs Italy

The squad was named for both matches today..

Keepers: Morgan De Sanctis, Angelo Peruzzi

Defenders: Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro, Fabio Grosso, Marco Materazzi, Alessandro Nesta, Cristian Zaccardo, Gianluca Zambrotta

Midfielders: Simone Barone, Mauro Camoranesi, Daniele De Rossi, Mauro Esposito, Gennaro Gattuso, Giandomenico Mesto, Andrea Pirlo

Forwards: Francesco Totti, Alessandro Del Piero, Alberto Gilardino, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Luca Toni

Why does Lippi keep calling Mesto? I'd rather someone like Aimo Diana. Still no Cassano. Picking Del Piero is ridiculous when he doesn't even play for Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Picking Del Piero is ridiculous because he doesn't play for Juve yet you imply that Cassano should be there and he doesn't play for Roma :rolleyes:

Lippi gave DP a chance against Ireland and he did well hence the recall.

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
Lippi Calls Peruzzi Back To La Nazionale
8/28/2005 7:36:00 PM
Marcello Lippi called Lazio keeper Angelo Peruzzi back to la Nazionale to fill in the void left by Gigi Buffon, who will return to action after the new year
Roma misfit Antonio Cassano was instead once again left out of Lippi’s selection.

Here goes the complete list of players called up by the former Juventus boss for Italy’s upcoming and crucial World Cup qualifiers against Scoltand and Belarus.

Goalkeepers: De Sanctis (Udinese), Peruzzi (Lazio);

Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Zaccardo (Palermo), Zambrotta (Juventus);

Midfielders: Barone (Palermo), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Esposito (Cagliari), Gattuso (Milan), Mesto (Reggina), Pirlo (Milan);

Forwards: Totti (Roma), Del Piero (Juventus), Gilardino (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese), Toni (Fiorentina), Vieri (Milan).

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
--------Gilaridino----Vieri
---------------Totti
-----DeRossi--Pirlo--Camoranesi
Zambrotta-Canna-Nesta-Zaccardo
--------------DeSanctis

This is the team i hope.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I would play:

Peruzzi/De Sanctis
Zaccardo - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Pirlo - De Rossi
Totti
Toni - Del Piero

I'm not too sure about Vieri's fitness because he missed Milan's game away to Ascoli with an injury.

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Picking Del Piero is ridiculous because he doesn't play for Juve yet you imply that Cassano should be there and he doesn't play for Roma :rolleyes:

Lippi gave DP a chance against Ireland and he did well hence the recall.
    I didn't imply that Cassano should be there. I was just pointing out that he isn't there.

Look, we all know Del Piero is only around because Lippi is the coach. There's no other reason to include him at this point.

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    game on tln btw, for all yall living in canada
    Yeah, if they don't have "satellite difficulties".

Neither Fiorentina-Sampdoria or Juventus-Chievo were shown this past weekend because of TLN's difficulties.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

I didn't imply that Cassano should be there. I was just pointing out that he isn't there.

Look, we all know Del Piero is only around because Lippi is the coach. There's no other reason to include him at this point.
    You mean after one game this season?

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005

yeah and why Vieri is there?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

And who would you call in his place?

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++

yeah and why Vieri is there?
    No idea. Another headscratcher really.

Who would I call instead of Del Piero? I would definitely call Cassano ahead of both Vieri and Del Piero at this time. He may be a bit of a head case, but you can't deny his talent. But really, it's a 5th or 6th forward, so you could call anyone. Even someone like Esposito is useful.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003

Thats why he was left out when he was at his Form.....get real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)