WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (1 Viewer)

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Azzurri: Lippi committed to trident Friday 2 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi insists that Italy’s defensive days are behind them, as he’ll stick to the trident attack all the way to the World Cup – starting in Scotland.

“From now on, the Azzurri are committed to creating a team with three strikers upfront,” said the Coach ahead of Saturday’s World Cup qualifier.

Francesco Totti, Alberto Gilardino and Christian Vieri are expected to start at Hampden Park in an all-attack line-up that also includes creative midfielders Andrea Pirlo and Mauro German Camoranesi.

“The nature of Totti’s characteristics means he’ll start in a slightly deeper role, but I must point out that not even the players know what the initial eleven will be. I can say that Vieri is fit to play.”

The Milan centre-forward cut yesterday’s training session short with a dizzy spell, but was given the all-clear by medical staff.

Italy’s recent tournament campaigns have been criticised for their defensive nature under former Coach Giovanni Trapattoni, who failed to progress past the Second Round in the 2002 World Cup and Group stage in Euro 2004.

“Let us not kid ourselves that with three strikers everything will be sorted out,” added Lippi. “Merely punting the ball up field is not enough to win games. Just as defenders push forward to help and then go back to their positions, the attacking players must take their share of the responsibility and workload. A team needs balance.”

Channel 4

Forza Lippi!:thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
I hope RAI international airs this match.
Here are the listings...

5:30pm - 18:30cet

NTV+ Football
Galaxie Sport
SKY Sports 1
Al Jazeera Sport 1 *
Dubai Sports ME *
Orbit Al Riyadiyah *
Galaxie Sport
Prem Sport Portal
RAI Uno
Polasat Sport
RAI Uno *

--DELAY--

7:15pm - 20:15cet TPS Foot
11:40pm - 00:40cet BBC 1 Scotland

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
You tell me :fero: Am hoping for a surprise though, will tune in & hope for the best. Thank you for the info :)

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    I don't think Rai covers away matches. They aren't showing the Wednesday match against Belarus either.

At least on Rai International in North American anyways...

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
    ITALY: Peruzzi, Zaccardo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta, De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Totti, Vieri, Iaquinta --- Subs: De Sanctis, Materazzi, Grosso, Camoranesi, Barone, Toni, Del Piero

Where is Gilardino ?! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)