WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (6 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well, I dont think Del Piero has speed now so whoever said that should rethink that statement.

Although he still has the skill and experience, and of course, the "touch".

But without any bias, I think we need Del Piero on the field at a time like this when the current squad certainly lacks some goal scoring opportunitues.

Lippi can use him on the left flank.

OP
danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    Fairly bad half from Italy.

Scotland's goal was well taken, and completely earned. They'd been threatening for a bit before the goal. No one really to blame on that one.

Vieri unlucky at the end of the half. :(

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #86
    Zambrotta and De Rossi both will miss Wednesday's match against Belarus through suspension.

And can I ask - what is it with Italians and corner kicks? Do they even bother trying to get a decent chance from one?

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
    Good evening! Where are u watching the game? Rai uno Scrambled it. Asholes:) How are they doing? Many chances for the azzurri?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    IMO neither Vieri nor Del Piero should be playing. Totti's presence is questionnable as well. Cassano and Gilardino must me the starting forwards up front and that's it. The team needs youth not retiring players.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Totti's doing alright though. His pass to Vieri was great. But although Vieri's creating a lot, his finishing was awul IMO. What happened to Gilardino?

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #91
    ++ [ originally posted by Diego ] ++
    Good evening! Where are u watching the game? Rai uno Scrambled it. Asholes:) How are they doing? Many chances for the azzurri?
    I'm watching it in Canada on TLN. They aren't doing anything special...

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #92
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Simple answer: Totti.
    On the corner kicks? Nope. Doesn't matter who it is, Italy always wastes their corners. Remember the last World Cup? Their corners were going so bad, they had Coco try one. Somehow he booted a corner kick to midfield. :D

OP
    danielão

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #95
    Totti's doing alright though. His pass to Vieri was great. But although Vieri's creating a lot, his finishing was awul IMO. What happened to Gilardino?
    Gilardino picked up an injury just before the game. He would have started instead of Iaquinta.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Gilardino probably was dropped for the sake of Del Piero, nothing new, we saw Darko, Di Vaio and fvckface dropped for the sake of Del Piero at the Lippi era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)