[WC] World Cup 2022 - General Talk Thread (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I dunno. I have to think about the ethos of the Olympic Games here: how sport can open international doors that politics alone cannot.

How can you be a World Cup and yet never set foot in MENA, you know?

Sure, how they won the hosting bid was corrupt. And tons of brown people died building it for their elites. And they aren't jiving with de gays let alone alcohol in the stadiums.

But come on, bruh. You cannot assume there is only one set of global rules for everybody. And those who do are arrogant, self-centered pr*cks, really. This isn't a descent into moral relativism, but maybe a society that doesn't appreciate dudes in Speedos groping each other in the streets isn't such a horror show after all. I'm even uncomfortable with good-looking heteros doing that at concerts.

Embracing diversity means just that. Not just imposing monolithic values over every culture on the planet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I dunno. I have to think about the ethos of the Olympic Games here: how sport can open international doors that politics alone cannot.

Sure, how they won the hosting bid was corrupt. And tons of brown people died building it for their elites. And they aren't jiving with de gays let alone alcohol in the stadiums.

But come on, bruh. You cannot assume there is only one set of global rules for everybody. And those who do are arrogant, self-centered pr*cks, really. This isn't a descent into moral relativism, but maybe a society that doesn't appreciate dudes in Speedos groping each other in the streets isn't such a horror show after all. I'm even uncomfortable with good-looking heteros doing that at concerts.

Embracing diversity means just that. Not just imposing monolithic values over every culture on the planet.
There's a difference between not caring for gay men in speedos fondling each other in public and....

KILLING THEM!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

That is sort of what it is though.

You can't just embrace diversity as a concept. Diversity is meaningless.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There's a difference between not caring for gay men in speedos fondling each other in public and....

KILLING THEM!
:D There is that. But you get that in Mexico too, and they've hosted the WC twice and are about to do that jointly for a third round.

I'm not saying it's right that they have killed gays. But I am saying take your privileged white boy SJW holier-than-thou rainbow armbands and stick them up your hairless buttholes while wearing your leather chaps.

For all the legitimate beefs the world has against the US in 2026, what do we really achieve with nations like Iran and El Salvador protesting the CIA toppling their governments with puppet regimes and Ecuador and Brazil calling them out for causing most of the world's global warming? They have at least as much a beef against the U.S. as the world seems to have against slimy Qatar in 2022. Nobody is innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)