[WC] World Cup 2022 - General Talk Thread (2 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
islamic countries realy not good place for world cup and foeign tourists and fans.
No idea about relegion, i watched highlight of opening ceremony and it was the Worst of any World event i've ever seen. even with plenty money spent - but it's too much about local Culture there and not considerate enough of an International Audience. Also too much in local language not understood by Audiences all over World.

- - - Updated - - -

gggg.jpg

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Let me get woke on you: that’s colonialist bullcrap.

Not only that, South American sides make a counter argument, and their summer is upside down from Europe.
Would be cool to see the top South American sides compete in CL with the top European sides.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Seems like Qatar is pivoting the branding from trying to look like a progressive state to win over westerners to “standing up for Islamic values in the face of western Islamophobia”.

Pretty sure they were going for the progressive image all these years and I think they’re pivoting now because the initial strategy failed miserably.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
One thing positive is that it's the last WC with 32 teams. Imagine the game quality with 48 teams competing in the next WC. Not a fan of expansion and gimme back the European Cup with 16 competitors.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
This world cup doesn't feel real to me at all. It's like a glorified friendly tournament. I just can't take it seriously.

It will be remembered as a complete farce.
At the end of the day the quality of the matches will determine the experience for 99% of people as with every other World Cup since we’re all tuning in remotely.

But I can’t say I am unhappy with Qatar spending billions only to nuke its image world wide. Serves them well for all that support to the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamist movements across the Middle East.

The true sad part is that the first ever major football event in the Middle East is tarnished by homophobia, conservatism, bribery and dead migrant labour. People breathe football in the Middle East and would dream of the chance to see Messi or Ronaldo and all their favourite stars on home soil. This could have been a great celebration.

Unfortunately Qatar is practically inaccessible for anyone who isn’t super rich or who can drive from a neighbouring gulf state. This is a World Cup for the ultra rich not regulars.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
So the BBC didn't show the opening ceremony and gave a ton of stuff about human rights etc while sitting in the best seats in the house. No football analysis, just Gary Neville type justification of taking the paycheck to go to Qatar and raise some issues. Qatar his bought all of these hypocrites.

As for fans complaining, the place is a desert and this is the greatest influx of tourists Qatar have ever had. It'll only be comfortable for people who booked 4 and 5* hotels. Not getting a beer isn't the reason why the hooligans will kick off, its because all hooligans are bastards especially the English who also treat homosexuals as bad as the Qataris.

These so called human rights activists need to wake up. They're enjoying a royal reception in stadia built by many who died and were getting paid less than a £1 per hour. Go to Qatar, enjoy yourself but don't pretend you give a shit about human rights because its a bag of rubbish from the likes of Gary 'I shit my pants on the pitch' Lineker.

Apr 12, 2004
No idea about relegion, i watched highlight of opening ceremony and it was the Worst of any World event i've ever seen. even with plenty money spent - but it's too much about local Culture there and not considerate enough of an International Audience. Also too much in local language not understood by Audiences all over World.

- - - Updated - - -

gggg.jpg
Well, as someone who has an idea about religion, he's right.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
So the BBC didn't show the opening ceremony and gave a ton of stuff about human rights etc while sitting in the best seats in the house. No football analysis, just Gary Neville type justification of taking the paycheck to go to Qatar and raise some issues. Qatar his bought all of these hypocrites.

As for fans complaining, the place is a desert and this is the greatest influx of tourists Qatar have ever had. It'll only be comfortable for people who booked 4 and 5* hotels. Not getting a beer isn't the reason why the hooligans will kick off, its because all hooligans are bastards especially the English who also treat homosexuals as bad as the Qataris.

These so called human rights activists need to wake up. They're enjoying a royal reception in stadia built by many who died and were getting paid less than a £1 per hour. Go to Qatar, enjoy yourself but don't pretend you give a shit about human rights because its a bag of rubbish from the likes of Gary 'I shit my pants on the pitch' Lineker.
Trust me. Its not even the same league. Britain is actually a very tolerant country on average (Gay marriage was passed by their Conservatives) by any measure but ofc Hooligans are the bottom of the barrel. As for hypocrisy and taking money there is no shortage of that anywhere. Bein Sports Arabic has Del Piero as a pundit. No one is immune

Apr 12, 2004
To really consider Britain a "Hooligan" culture after the decline since the 70s is kind of dumb. There are "hardcore" supporters everywhere, but you don't hear about stabbings, murders, thefts, rapes, "Mohammed the Prophet looks like this" chants, or banana shit and monkey chants that you get in: Israel, Turkey, Serbia, some parts of Italy, France, et cetera.

Western Europe, in general, is much better than it even was 20 years ago.

Aug 2, 2005
One thing positive is that it's the last WC with 32 teams. Imagine the game quality with 48 teams competing in the next WC. Not a fan of expansion and gimme back the European Cup with 16 competitors.
As much that would make the tournaments more exciting..
The probability of not seeing previous winners not making it is pretty high..
If the qualification rules for example are modified to ensure a 2 times winner gets auto qualification.. then yes..
Or at least they get to have an easy path to qualify.

Otherwise.. 48 teams is the alternative option..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)