[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (94 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lol I love it. Sampaoli can go back to laying bricks and catcalling high school girls. It would be so interesting if both Messi and Ronaldo made it to the final.
Am watching the game now. Nobody celebrated Argentina's second goal with Sampaoli. They showed him running mad but every player, member of the staff ran in the opposite direction like he was Suarez ::lol3:: Second the game was over he ran off into the tunnel too, didn't celebrate with the players. :shifty:

oh and Mascherano was allowed to play with blood on his face for at least 30 minutes

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yep. Pelé is the same $#@!. Actually let me rephrase this; Pelé, the player, was the most revolutionary player of all time, out of this world and decades ahead of its time talent but Edson Arantes Do Nascimento is a piece of $#@!. He also neglected his kids and allowed one to die without granting her last wish of seeing him. And just like Maradona every time he opens his mouth $#@! pours out.

Love the player for his achievements in the sport, not the human being.
I went to all Rio Museum about Pele-Canarinha and I didn't read about it :shifty:

Seriously, could you post something relate it to?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I love it. Sampaoli can go back to laying bricks and catcalling high school girls. It would be so interesting if both Messi and Ronaldo made it to the final.
With a big if, if Argentina beat France and Portugal beat Uruguay then Argentina and Portugal would face each other on quarters

Most likely it would be all the other way, France against Uruguay

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I went to all Rio Museum about Pele-Canarinha and I didn't read about it :shifty:

Seriously, could you post something relate it to?

- - - Updated - - -

With a big if, if Argentina beat France and Portugal beat Uruguay then Argentina and Portugal would face each other on quarters

Most likely it would be all the other way, France against Uruguay
That’s a bummer. Should still be a decent game if they meet then.

- - - Updated - - -

Am watching the game now. Nobody celebrated Argentina's second goal with Sampaoli. They showed him running mad but every player, member of the staff ran in the opposite direction like he was Suarez ::lol3:: Second the game was over he ran off into the tunnel too, didn't celebrate with the players. :shifty:

oh and Mascherano was allowed to play with blood on his face for at least 30 minutes
Lol yeah I saw that. It doesn’t bode well for him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Spain’s midfield sh!ts all over France
Busquets and Koke is a good duo, but I prefer Kante-Pogba, France conceding 1 goal in 3 games (and that one a penalty) isn't due to Umtiti being a great defender, but rather having great protection. They play ugly, but its very hard to score against them, just like in Euros 2 years ago, I dont think Argentina or Uruguay will be a match for them

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Busquets and Koke is a good duo, but I prefer Kante-Pogba, France conceding 1 goal in 3 games (and that one a penalty) isn't due to Umtiti being a great defender, but rather having great protection. They play ugly, but its very hard to score against them, just like in Euros 2 years ago, I dont think Argentina or Uruguay will be a match for them
:tup:

Both have strong midfielders, however at full potential France definitely has the more physical and complete one.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
So there's still a chance Portugal meet Argentina in this world cup

France are heavy favorites but you never know with knockout games. An early goal from Argentina and France are going to struggle right through the game or a brainfart from one of their defenders which is very possible.

Uruguay-Portugal is 50-50 for me even though Uruguay look well balanced.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Brazil play Serbia after Germany's game and Germans are very likely to finish 2nd. Do you guys think they'll(Brazil) deliberately try and finish second ? Germany arent in good form but ideally Brazil would want to avoid them this early in the tournament too.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't watch the game today. How was Argentina under Senor Messi?
Very very fortunate to qualify.

Nigeria missed two golden chances in the second half to bury them for good. Infact Nigeria were the more dominant team in the second half. They really shouldnt have taken their foot off the pedal and should've kept pressing for another goal. Thats the mistake they made just like Sweden in Germany's game.

- - - Updated - - -

Argentina is going out against France, they just dont have any kind of midfield while France has the best in the tournament
Croatia >>>

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
If Brazil bottle it tonight it will solely be down on their superficiality if anything, ideally they'd want to avoid Germany ofc but i doubt they'd be pulling a stunt at this stage, they'd want to prove theirselfs even if Serbia surely won't be rolling over for them.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Busquets, Thiago, Silva, Iniesta, Isco >>>> anything France has to offer.

Spain has by far the most technically gifted midfield in the world.
No. And I'm not surprised you don't understand this: but a midfield needs to be more than technically gifted, liek be able to control a game, protect the defense, press the opponents and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Uruguay-Portugal is 50-50 for me even though Uruguay look well balanced.
I expect Uruguay to get going now. Their team and style is perfect for the knockout games.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
@Fr3sh want to win your money back?

Go for a triple: Denmark, Argentina and Uruguay.

I promise you all my pokemons if you don't win €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€£££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)