[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (52 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
wouldn't be a big surprise, both are poor teams. I did read that a lot of Saudi players play for the same club, that's always a huge advantage in national footie even if the overall quality is poor

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
wouldn't be a big surprise, both are poor teams. I did read that a lot of Saudi players play for the same club, that's always a huge advantage in national footie even if the overall quality is poor
Belgium played agains the Saudis a while back and it was easily the worst team I've seen the last 5 years. I definitely expect Russia to beat them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
That's very much true aswell, tbf my bet is on a evenly matched game, perhaps a draw is the most likely result with maybe Russia as lofty favorites to not fall under pressure and snatch a win by a tight margin(and in this sense Golovin could very well be the difference).

That's why i'll be keeping an eye on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Belgium played agains the Saudis a while back and it was easily the worst team I've seen the last 5 years. I definitely expect Russia to beat them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Not rulling that out either, however friendlies tend to be very different comparing to official games. Motivation and pressure are key.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Do we have any fantasy world cup league here? This my team I just made through biggiest newspaper in sweden, in a league with my brothers and co-workers etc.

The trick was you can only use 50.00, so had to budget in and sacrifice few parts.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:lol2: Wakanda. That looks like a solid team, from the midfield up.

Yeah had to sacrifice defence for midfield and attack, but managed to squeze in two attacking fullbacks from argentina and brasil, so its alright (defence was worse before, so got in a super cheap Kante to afford better options in defence).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Racist bs comments aside, you are probably right, this for sure is a candidate for the most uninspiring/dull World Cup opening day in history.
It's not racist if it's true :D :baus:

I need to come up with some controversial nicknames for all the other teams. I have time on my side I suppose.

Sisi's Decaying Pharaohs = Egypt

The Pretentious Pommies = England

Three and Done = Panama

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
::lol3::

- - - Updated - - -

We played them just recently and made them look like WC favorites. Been lucky to beat them 2:1 :p

I guess the Russia NT is gonna be nervous as fuck, could easily go wrong for them imo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not rulling that out either, however friendlies tend to be very different comparing to official games. Motivation and pressure are key.
I know, but there was such an obvious lack of skill and speed that I doubt they can overcome all that by sheer motivation. I admit to not knowing much about Russia's team, but I still expect an easy win. If that's not the case, Russia should be very worried.

- - - Updated - - -

We played them just recently and made them look like WC favorites. Been lucky to beat them 2:1 :p
That had more to do with you than with Saudi Arabia though. Germany looks a bit shaky. I expect them to start out weak, but grow during the tournament.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The Ladyboys = Thailand.

Oh wait, they didn't qualify :p
It's ok. I'm not Thai, so the joke's on you :D

I think we're gonna lose to Uruguay tomorrow, but could sneak past Russia, and should defeat the Oil Barons. It all depends on Salah's form tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but there was such an obvious lack of skill and speed that I doubt they can overcome all that by sheer motivation. I admit to not knowing much about Russia's team, but I still expect an easy win. If that's not the case, Russia should be very worried.

- - - Updated - - -

That had more to do with you than with Saudi Arabia though. Germany looks a bit shaky. I expect them to start out weak, but grow during the tournament.
I think he was talking about Italy :p They beat the Saudis 2-1 in a recent friendly.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know, when I look at that game, there are so many reasons to dislike both teams. Footballwise, politically, even their fucking climates :D.

I'm going to support Russia, because (quite unbelievably) the Saudi FA hired my football coach (I play for an amateur team) as the coach of their national futsal team and completely destroyed my team in the process.

I'm still not sure how the fuck that happened by the way. I play on the 7th level in Belgium ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)