[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (17 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
So you’re telling me you believe those 4 teams won’t make it through the knockout rounds because of the cold?? Really? I could agree with playing in the heat, it completely drains you but cold? Again most of the players from those nations already live and play in Europe.
Ah, the old straw man. Because I never explicitly wrote or implied anything of the sort.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
There can be lots of predictive paths but the fact is that two strongest teams (Spain and Brazil) are in different halves of the bracket.

So the likelihood of a Spain vs Brazil final is extremely high.

and then a one off match anything can happen

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Nervous laugh? You said you'd chop your John Thomas off if it happens.
Not nervous, but genuinely amused. England are quite terrible, even by their own mediocre standards, and Belgium are in for a torrid time without Kompany and Radja. Belgium might make the QFs, but that's where it all ends. England cold reach the QFs with a favorable draw, but they're not eliminating both Colombia and Germany, two clearly superior sides. They're fortunate to be in a rather weak group, and will comfortably progress beyond the initial stage unless Tunisia can somehow cause a shock.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Not nervous, but genuinely amused. England are quite terrible, even by their own mediocre standards, and Belgium are in for a torrid time without Kompany and Radja. Belgium might make the QFs, but that's where it all ends. England cold reach the QFs with a favorable draw, but they're not eliminating both Colombia and Germany, two clearly superior sides. They're fortunate to be in a rather weak group, and will comfortably progress beyond the initial stage unless Tunisia can somehow cause a shock.
Thanks. I won't bother watching then. Seeing as it's all been decided already.

You do realise that what you've written is opinion not fact? I don't know what'll happen either, but it's fun to have a guess.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks. I won't bother watching then. Seeing as it's all been decided already.

You do realise that what you've written is opinion not fact? I don't know what'll happen either, but it's fun to have a guess.
Did I claim otherwise? Of course surprises can occur, and the best team doesn't always necessarily win, but my opinions are based on logic rather than emotion. You're obviously biased and hopeful, and I can respect that. I'd be thrilled if Egypt made it to the Semis, or if Italy won the whole thing again (provided that were competing to begin with).

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Did I claim otherwise? Of course surprises can occur, and the best team doesn't always necessarily win, but my opinions are based on logic rather than emotion. You're obviously biased and hopeful, and I can respect that. I'd be thrilled if Egypt made it to the Semis, or if Italy won the whole thing again (provided that were competing to begin with).
A little. Your writing style is very definite, and reads as statements of fact rather than possibility.

P.S. You're also biased. Against England (logic does not say Columbia are a clearly superior team). But I can respect that as well. That's your prerogative. :p

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There can be lots of predictive paths but the fact is that two strongest teams (Spain and Brazil) are in different halves of the bracket.

So the likelihood of a Spain vs Brazil final is extremely high.

and then a one off match anything can happen
You consider Spain stronger than Germany?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
A little. Your writing style is very definite, and reads as statements of fact rather than possibility.

P.S. You're also biased. Against England (logic does not say Columbia are a far superior team). But I can respect that as well. That's your prerogative too. :p
Indeed it is :D

I am incredibly anti England, Germany, Algeria, Saudi, and Murica when it comes to footie. Colombia are an interesting team; perhaps far superior is a tad exaggerated, but I feel they do have a more talented and experienced squad than England.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
You consider Spain stronger than Germany?
Germany's recent run of form hasnt been great while spain is on an unbeaten streak (which now that i've said it, will end in the first game of the WC)

Also in their head to head friendly, even though it was a draw, spain looked more in control for the longer period

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)