[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (91 Viewers)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
well, thats a BS criteria. they didnt look like they will score even against Andorra before he came on. if you score 2 goals at 0-0 then you have won the match, regardless how many the team scores after

- - - Updated - - -

btw, where can i find all time stats for EURO qualifiers and WC qualifiers (Europe)? also WC qualifiers for all zones combined if possible
I agree, but this list is about that. So we should not attach importance to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't help you with your second point.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Agent: 'Jorginho closer to Brazil’
By Football Italia staff

Jorginho’s agent confirms the Napoli man is “closer to Brazil than Italy” as Giampiero Ventura “has never given him the opportunity”.

The midfielder was born in Brazil, but moved to Italy as a teenager and has been capped twice by the Azzurri.

However, both of those came in friendlies to he’s still available for both nations, and hasn’t been called-up by Italy since Ventura took over.

“It’s difficult,” Joao Santos said on Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“Jorginho is closer to Brazil than Italy, because Ventura has never given him the opportunity, because of the formation.

“Conversely, the Brazil CT, Tite, is very interested in Jorginho. Now we’ll wait until March for the friendlies, but right now he’s more Brazil.”

This is just disgusting, he should just decide which country he wants to represent and hope to get a call up like everyone else. It should be an honor to represent your national team, but Jorginho acts like it would be an honor for Brazil/Italy to have him, stupid behavior from him, I hope he doesn't go to the WC2018 with neither.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Fucking Ventura is a cancer on Italian football, he is gonna fuck the present, and seemingly the future, sad that Barzagli, Buffon have to play under this Geriatric prick in their last World Cup

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Italy has a plethora of coaches. Probably the best selection of any nation in the world and ventura is in charge:howler:

Like i said before, it must be because he is a total yes man with no ego or pride who will just do whatever figc says aftee having the fiery conte in charge.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Maybe Ventura just doesn't know Jorginho or that he has the Italian passport..? Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Confirmed shirts:

Spain

influenced by USA 1994WC

--

Columbia

influenced by Italy 1990WC

--

Argentina

--

Belgium

influenced by 1984 shirts

--

Russia

influenced by 1988 shirts

--

Germany

influenced by 1990 shirts

--

Mexico

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I always hope Ireland doesn't qualify. Can't stand them. They go into tournaments with zero ambition. Basically the idea is to have a good time and sing some songs. That's cool and all, I don't mind a couple of guys having a good time, but I hate that they're being glorified all over the world because of their tremendous 'fan culture'.

Bunch of alcoholic fucks they are.

Talking about having no ambition to win, look at the talent pool we have?
A country with a population of less than 5 million where most players with any modicum of potential or talent are snapped up by the English leagues stopping any hope of seeing the domestic league develop.

Sorry if you're too much of a wet blanket that you believe our fans can't enjoy themselves.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Talking about having no ambition to win, look at the talent pool we have?
A country with a population of less than 5 million where most players with any modicum of potential or talent are snapped up by the English leagues stopping any hope of seeing the domestic league develop.

Sorry if you're too much of a wet blanket that you believe our fans can't enjoy themselves.

Uruguay have a population of less than 4 million.

And you completely misunderstood my post. Which is only natural, because you're Irish and don't understand what ambition is. I don't mind you go out, have a drink and enjoy yourself. I do mind that you think of this as an achievement. Hell, your NT is basically about being completely shit, celebrating the fact that you're completely shit and then patting yourself on the back because you were so great a sportsman that you didn't get angry when you got kicked out, which was inevitable anyway, because we all know you suck.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you deserve all the praise you get.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

And you completely misunderstood my post. Which is only natural, because you're Irish and don't understand what ambition is. I don't mind you go out, have a drink and enjoy yourself. I do mind that you think of this as an achievement. Hell, your NT is basically about being completely shit, celebrating the fact that you're completely shit and then patting yourself on the back because you were so great a sportsman that you didn't get angry when you got kicked out, which was inevitable anyway, because we all know you suck.

:lol:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

Well I understood the part where you said "bunch of alcoholic fucks" just fine.

What other sports are Uruguay known for? Football is not our national sport, it falls behind three others in the pecking order (hurling, gaelic football and Rugby to an extent).

Nobody here thinks it an achievement to have the 'best fans' or most drunken fans I can assure you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)