[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (57 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Really disappointing that the USA did not make it, the previous world cups they were quite enjoyable to watch. They should be on a much higher level than that and take a spot on the World Cup every time.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Chile, Netherlands, a couple of European nations who will miss out during playoffs are a much worse loss than the US, who is a non-factor in football.

Not saying they can't be relevant in the future, and I would love that actually. But just as I would love to see great teams from China or India, and no one's crying about them.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Chile, Netherlands, a couple of European nations who will miss out during playoffs are a much worse loss than the US, who is a non-factor in football.

Not saying they can't be relevant in the future, and I would love that actually. But just as I would love to see great teams from China or India, and no one's crying about them.
I think the main thing is that its World Cup and you have some major nations missing.

I think not having any of Chile, Netherlands, Usa, potentially 1-2 other euro nations is a loss to the tournament (with Ace Ventura it could even be Italy :shifty:, not too bothered about the irish). Usa would have brought some interesting subplots with the political situation. Chile have their best generation in years or history and not being there. Netherlands i dont really understand what is going on cause they still have those guys like Robben and Sneijder and so on there but they also didnt qualify for last euro despite it expanded as a competition. Seems like there are some major issues there. This is a team which played semis of last 2 world cups.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think the main thing is that its World Cup and you have some major nations missing.

I think not having any of Chile, Netherlands, Usa, potentially 1-2 other euro nations is a loss to the tournament (with Ace Ventura it could even be Italy :shifty:, not too bothered about the irish). Usa would have brought some interesting subplots with the political situation. Chile have their best generation in years or history and not being there. Netherlands i dont really understand what is going on cause they still have those guys like Robben and Sneijder and so on there but they also didnt qualify for last euro despite it expanded as a competition. Seems like there are some major issues there. This is a team which played semis of last 2 world cups.

They're a horrible side with horrible players. There's not really much to get. They're not good enough, that's all.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you look at the Dutch selection who is world class?

WC: Robben (33)
Very good: Strootman
Potentially WC: De Vrij, V. Van Dijk
Pretty good: Blind, Wijnaldum
Has beens: Sneijder, Van Persie, Huntelaar

Just an outside opinion.

Then you have a bunch of players between 18 and 25 who might be something one day or are good kids, but it's easy to see why they've failed of late. Also they didn't have an easy group. Actually France, Netherlands and Sweden drawn together is farcical. They got 19 points which is not awful going by any means, but not great either.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah, that's why I said it would be nice to see them there in the future, but the same is true for China & India, and no one cares abou them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Just an outside opinion.

Then you have a bunch of players between 18 and 25 who might be something one day or are good kids, but it's easy to see why they've failed of late. Also they didn't have an easy group. Actually France, Netherlands and Sweden drawn together is farcical. They got 19 points which is not awful going by any means, but not great either.
If all you do over a several year period is produce Elia's and Depay's, it's bound to catch up with you sooner or later.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Just an outside opinion.

Who is world class from Iceland? Or Panama or smth.

We been linked with De Vrij for a while. Bet he is world class once we sign him :wink:

I think they have issues but also badly managed. There are far lesser teams who have gotten to last euro they didnt get and to this WC or at least to playoff stage.

Are the irish better than them?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Who is world class from Iceland? Or Panama or smth.

We been linked with De Vrij for a while. Bet he is world class once we sign him :wink:

I think they have issues but also badly managed. There are far lesser teams who have gotten to last euro they didnt get and to this WC or at least to playoff stage.

Are the irish better than them?

I always hope Ireland doesn't qualify. Can't stand them. They go into tournaments with zero ambition. Basically the idea is to have a good time and sing some songs. That's cool and all, I don't mind a couple of guys having a good time, but I hate that they're being glorified all over the world because of their tremendous 'fan culture'.

Bunch of alcoholic fucks they are.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I always hope Ireland doesn't qualify. Can't stand them. They go into tournaments with zero ambition. Basically the idea is to have a good time and sing some songs. That's cool and all, I don't mind a couple of guys having a good time, but I hate that they're being glorified all over the world because of their tremendous 'fan culture'.

Bunch of alcoholic fucks they are.
Yup.

And the Scottish cunts are the same (or they were if anyone can remember last time they qualified for something).

Better tournament without them.

And the Welsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)