[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (34 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Nainggolan not selected for Belgium. Can't say I'll support this team anymore really. Our own fucking players have been screaming for months they need him there. And we get a manager who is intent on killing our chances. Fuck this shit. Martinez, what a cunt. Unbelievable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Missed that news, but heard there is allready a 10.000 vote petition from fans, in a single day.

I will thoroughly support every team belgium faces, and will revel in Martinez losing face.

Abudance of talent and the ONE player that you cannot leave at home, he leaves at home.

How did that go 4 years ago ?

Oh right, we got OWNED by argentina playing fucking de bruyne and witsel as central midfielders

- - - Updated - - -

lol, it reminds me of Real selling Makelele, their own players were against the move big time, yet Perez went on and did it anyway
Thats the perfect analogy yes

- - - Updated - - -

Ansaldi :D

- - - Updated - - -

When a nation like Belgium literally throwing away their golden generation because they have idiotic managers both from a man management and tactical sense with wilmotts and Martinez I can't help but understand your frustration
LOL i even forgot Wilmots was the predecessor for a moment there :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
that one lol. Seo should have come to us :mad:
Mmm, I like Seo and I think he's perfect for the EPL. But anyone who watched us this season will tell you that Monreal barring a few bad mistakes, was one of the very few who had a good season for us this year. There's no doubt he deserved to be ahead of Seo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I will thoroughly support every team belgium faces, and will revel in Martinez losing face.
Really looks like you won't be alone in that decision. The atmosphere surrounding our team is just gone. There is no more enthusiasm whatsoever. I've never seen anything like it. I think this is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen a NT manager make. I honestly believe he did not see this reaction from the public coming. His team is now under tremendous pressure to perform. Every single thing that goes wrong will hit them like a boomerang.

And then there's the players themselves who surely cannot be happy with this decision either. I mean, they have a real shot at the World Cup. Of course Belgium aren't favorites. Nowhere near favorites even, especially if you see how awful we've been under Martinez (MUCH worse than under Wilmots). But with all the talent we have, we were outsiders. We are not good enough to throw away a player like Radja though. And the players know this.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Really looks like you won't be alone in that decision. The atmosphere surrounding our team is just gone. There is no more enthusiasm whatsoever. I've never seen anything like it. I think this is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen a NT manager make. I honestly believe he did not see this reaction from the public coming. His team is now under tremendous pressure to perform. Every single thing that goes wrong will hit them like a boomerang.

And then there's the players themselves who surely cannot be happy with this decision either. I mean, they have a real shot at the World Cup. Of course Belgium aren't favorites. Nowhere near favorites even, especially if you see how awful we've been under Martinez (MUCH worse than under Wilmots). But with all the talent we have, we were outsiders. We are not good enough to throw away a player like Radja though. And the players know this.
Exactly, and the reasoning : "for tactical reasons"

Oh hello. Meet this guy radja. 8 years of experience in all central midfield positions in serie fucking a. Universially respected in belgium, europe but especially also italy as a great player? Allround midfielder.

Without radja :

- Who can play strongman defensive mid ? Noboduy
- powerhouse central holding midfielder ? Nobody
- Marauding central pressing player (vidal style) ? Nobody

Who provides ballwinning and duel power ? Wel nobody.

Good luck facing any decent team. lock the wings and press the middle. Done.

Conte's 3-5-2 italy would have a field day, and that team barely had talent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)