[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (11 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No, I think this is how Deschamps sees the game as a whole. He's similar to Mourino. If Deschamps joined us, he'd play in a similar way. If he joined United, he'd play that way too. I don't think there is much more to Deschamps as a coach.

My gripe with Deschamps is that I believe this makes France depend on luck (as is evidenced by the way their goals have come about).
sorry, I don't follow your thoughts here. Deschamps vision for the game, the way he thinks football should be played, is that you only need plan A (get lucky while sucking joy out of football) and if something doesn't go according to the scenario (you don't get lucky) you're fucked? I'd understand if you simply thought he's a bad coach, but you're trying to make him into some sort of supervillain that's destroying football and France, who under a normal coach would obviously be scoring left and right, on purpose.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
sorry, I don't follow your thoughts here. Deschamps vision for the game, the way he thinks football should be played, is that you only need plan A (get lucky while sucking joy out of football) and if something doesn't go according to the scenario (you don't get lucky) you're fucked? I'd understand if you simply thought he's a bad coach, but you're trying to make him into some sort of supervillain that's destroying football and France, who under a normal coach would obviously be scoring left and right, on purpose.
Hmm.. I'm not sure I'm expressing myself properly here. Let me rephrase.

I think Deschamps, like Mourinho, thinks there only is one side to the game. And that's keeping things closed at the back and hope for the best up front. It's not that Deschamps doesn't want to have a plan B. It's that he doesn't believe football works that way.

I don't think Deschamps deliberately destroys France. I just think he's a bad coach and the side effect of that is that France don't play as well as they should.

Not sure if I'm getting my point across.

Apart from football I also think that, no matter what Deschamps might win, he's going to end up a bitter old man. It's not that he's evil or he wants to end up like that, but people like him always do. It's what is happening to Mourinho. Deschamps already has a major fight with Benzema. It will just add up over the years. If at the very core of your being is anger and the need for revenge, you rarely end up a happy man.

Conte fits right into that category as well for example. Tactically I think he's much stronger than the both of them. But emotionally he's the exact same type of person.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

I think Deschamps, like Mourinho, thinks there only is one side to the game. And that's keeping things closed at the back and hope for the best up front. It's not that Deschamps doesn't want to have a plan B. It's that he doesn't believe football works that way.

I don't think Deschamps deliberately destroys France. I just think he's a bad coach and the side effect of that is that France don't play as well as they should.

Apart from football I also think that, no matter what Deschamps might win, he's going to end up a bitter old man. It's not that he's evil or he wants to end up like that, but people like him always do. It's what is happening to Mourinho. Deschamps already has a major fight with Benzema. It will just add up over the years. If at the very core of your being is anger and the need for revenge, you rarely end up a happy man.
Let it go. Make peace with yourself. Move on.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let it go. Make peace with yourself. Move on.
Let's just say I think that the best coach in the game right now works for Juventus and if we're talking about tactical flexibility or teams that are able to both play spectacularly and defend like crazy, Allegri's your man, not Deschamps.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Conte fits right into that category as well for example. Tactically I think he's much stronger than the both of them. But emotionally he's the exact same type of person.
What? :lol: Someone who's been in top football for decades as player and manager doesnt believe certain situations require a plan B? If thats true, we'd be talking about the most retarded person in the history if mankind. I honestly dont understand how this makes sense in the stubborn,little head of yours.

Deschamps is hardly the best coach out there, he's probably not among the coaching elite even if he wins the WC, but you want to convince everyone that hes as dumb as a rock, thats just mental :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What? :lol: Someone who's been in top football for decades as player and manager doesnt believe certain situations require a plan B? If thats true, we'd be talking about the most retarded person in the history if mankind. I honestly dont understand how this makes sense in the stubborn,little head of yours.
That's right he doesn't. Neither does Mourinho. There are plenty of managers who don't have a plan B. Even more managers are tactically stubborn. Conte starts playing 3-5-2 wherever he goes. Martinez has been using the system he's been using for Belgium for ages now.. The overwhelming majority of managers is not tactically flexible at all.

We like to think of managers as tactical geniusses. As if the game at the highest level is so much more tactically difficult than we could ever imagine ourselves. But it's hardly true. Deschamps and Mourinho earn millions every year by designing a tactical plan a toddler could think of.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Das true. @Fr3sh

- - - Updated - - -

If Croatia score the first goal, then they'll have a good chance to win against France and their 3 man only attack. If France scores the first, it's probably game over though.
I'm contemplating on betting 80$ that would have a return of 400$ on Croatia vs France, but knowing my luck I'm afraid of jinxing Mandzo :scared:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If I were to hit jackpot, I was gonna share with you but you are clearly an evil person. You don't deserve my loving.
You were never gonna win due to your bad karma.

Change your ways and beg for forgiveness.

Otherwise, you will be homeless and begging for pizza crusts on the rubbish filled streets of Naples.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If you share with me i will forgive you for being napoli fan
ok, we go to napoli together, watch them play in yurop
You were never gonna win due to your bad karma.

Change your ways and beg for forgiveness.

Otherwise, you will be homeless and begging for pizza crusts on the rubbish filled streets of Naples.
That's some cold shit there :sad:
I am the good person. I give cigarettes to bums, I share my herb with the friends, I share the food never eat alone, i think thats a lot of karma pts, i should win loterry. As a matter of fact jackpot for tonight is 60mil, 6$ ticket, i go buy i'm feeling lucky.

if i win, i buy you hamsik jersey with scudetto badge on it

- - - Updated - - -

And never breathe a word about your loss.
i already lost 650$ :sad:

i put in 500$ said i wont put in anything after that, then lost it all, then put in 150 and lost it again :sad:
That would have been easily a half pound of weed :sad:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i already lost 650$ :sad:

i put in 500$ said i wont put in anything after that, then lost it all, then put in 150 and lost it again :sad:
That would have been easily a half pound of weed :sad:
I don't think Rudyard Kipling would approve of your sad smilies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And never breathe a word about your loss.
Is this a reference to something?
That's some cold shit there :sad:
I am the good person. I give cigarettes to bums, I share my herb with the friends, I share the food never eat alone, i think thats a lot of karma pts, i should win loterry. As a matter of fact jackpot for tonight is 60mil, 6$ ticket, i go buy i'm feeling lucky.
Don't play the victim. You know what you're doing when you troll about Cheesio.

I even let you troll about Chiellini to fuck with @Chiello3, but Claudio is pushing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)