[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (15 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,202
    Sounds to me like Mourinho is just being a tease by keeping all his options open.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    At this rate? I might even give Portugal the edge. :p
    A lot of things can change in 4 years. This is not a bad generation - except maybe offensive wise; although there's this guy from Santos who seems to be the number 9 we need, look up Gabriel; - by any stretch, what happened against Germany was a casualty caused by many factors... Now, did that team even try to look like any Brazil of the past in the whole tournament? Absolutely not.

Still It's not that the Brazilian talent well has dried up or that suddenly all the players in that team became bad. There were good players there, maybe mentally weak not prepared to that kind of pressure - at home - or most likely what we saw, a coach that failed to fix that midfield. We're not Spain or France, a one-hit-wonder or anything like that. It could take another 20 years but Brazil will bounce back.

Not too long ago Argentina was beat 6-1 by the great Bolivia, 3 years later they reached a WC final playing horrible football. And honestly, had they better strikers they would have won that title. So don't underestimate what a good coach could do with the right players.

It's funny cause i've always thought 2018 would be our World Cup, when players like Neymar, Oscar, Coutinho, Marquinhos, etc... Will be Euro-experienced enough to handle a competition of that caliber. Of course, we were at home so it wouldn't stop me believing that we could do it now but we all know what happened.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,207
    Ironically this is one of the better generations of Brazilian defenders. It just hasn't worked out that way.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Ironically this is one of the better generations of Brazilian defenders. It just hasn't worked out that way.
    Aldair and Márcio Santos/Ricardo Rocha >>>>

Btw I was right after all. A lot can change in 4 years.

Today's Brazil to WC's Brazil is a night and day difference and it's only been two years. Also as I said the generation wasn't really bad, it lacked more experienced players and a better coach.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Aldair and Márcio Santos/Ricardo Rocha >>>>

Btw I was right after all. A lot can change in 4 years.

Today's Brazil to WC's Brazil is a night and day difference and it's only been two years. Also as I said the generation wasn't really bad, it lacked more experienced players and a better coach.
    The attack is much better, now if only they can sort out the midfield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)