[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (21 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
All the Messi riding aside, kudos to the Argie team for making adjustments on the fly - something Brazil miserably failed to do - and coming within a set of Higuain or Palacio balls of possibly even winning it all. They looked pretty average up to and including the 1/8 finals but found balance and a way to solidify their game, playing as a team ... quite possibly not a coincidence that happened only after Di Maria came off injured vs the Belgiums.

Still, when all is said and done, I think the best team won the WC. Well done by the Schwabs :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I can understand the golden glove for Neuer, but i cannot understand the "best player" for Messi

He played his best game in the final, yes, and he was carrying argentina's frontline (tho not decisive this time)

But other players deserved that award more, imo. And this is me trying to be objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Official World Cup XI (4-3-3): Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, David Luiz, Rojo; Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Robben; James Rodríguez, Messi, Müller. :rofl:
Thiago Silva was much better then Luiz, but apart from that position, seems correct

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I thought you said several times it is the direct counter to the barca/Guardiola/Spain style. Argentina play nothing close to that.
It is against both.

The tactical plan when not in possession and the way they directly attack is the counter against barcelona

Argentina relies on a pressing game and organised defence behind it. The direct counter is good off the ball movement and short passing. Both Barcelona and Germany are epitomes of that. But the Germans ability for direct play puts them ahead.

However, the germans depend heavy on Kroos, who had a poor game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)