[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (27 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
All these motherfuckers who sits in our duma are nothing but clowns and robbers, corrupt rats and Zhirinovskiy is their leader, he is madman, day after day he is giving such a rubbish meaningless statements yet he is still the leader of LDPR party and Putin's personal joker

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
Screw the Colombians and their goal celebrations. If the French NT has any hope of winning the WC this year, Didier needs to get them ready to do a remake of this video as their goal celebration:

I wanna see Pogba rock the Tecktonik against Germany, yo.
the Ghanians has the dopest goal celebration

- - - Updated - - -

It is very clear that pure individual quality wise, this is perhaps the worst world cup ever since football started to be professional. And it explains alot.

2006 was a pretty good tournament, lots of quality, also alot of stars last appearance at a major tournament.
2008 and 2010 to be very honest explained so many things.

Spain had a great team, Germany mostly had its current generation barely out of their teens, Holland had 3 good players, Portugal's smaller "golden generation" that never delivered when needed, and that was about it.

2012 ? Still more of the same. And Italy showing how good tactics could dislocate any of those teams

2014 ? Spain is gone, argentina sucks, brazil worst generation in history, germans forgot how to german, france is decent but far off 1985/1998 generations, africa forgot it could play football, portugal back to mediocrity, Belgium plays the best football, and holland still has those 3 players doing everything.
its been a while .... they seem to have an identity crisis in the way they play nowadays

- - - Updated - - -

About Africa...yes you are right in saying they forgot to play football....i think it comes down the popularity of kick and rush football....nowadays they tend to rely on their physicality so much that they have forgotten how to play the ball...just see the vast gap in quality between the Nigerian generation of the early 90s to the current one.... the likes of Finidi,Kanu,Amunike, Okocha tend to play an African version of Duthcie footie that was so good to see....nowadays only Ghana and the Northerners try to play decent footie

Also talking about tourneys i'm surprised nobody mentioned euro 2000, so many classic games

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Screw the Colombians and their goal celebrations. If the French NT has any hope of winning the WC this year, Didier needs to get them ready to do a remake of this video as their goal celebration:

I wanna see Pogba rock the Tecktonik against Germany, yo.
Yelle is great, but yes, need more Tecktonik.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

3-7-1998

- - - Updated - - -

Messi :lol: Why people are so biased with him? I don't get it, Lukaku came on, scored one and assisted second, yet his rating is 8.6 while Messi was very poor but gave assist in the end of match instantly 9.4 :sergio: and FIFA gave him MotM for 4th time while obviously they should give it to the person who scored late winner

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4605346 said:
Messi :lol: Why people are so biased with him? I don't get it, Lukaku came on, scored one and assisted second, yet his rating is 8.6 while Messi was very poor but gave assist in the end of match instantly 9.4 :sergio: and FIFA gave him MotM for 4th time while obviously they should give it to the person who scored late winner
Do you know how whoscored works? If so, then you can't honestly claim that he's got a better rating just cause he's Messi. You could say that whoscored's rating system is flawed (which it definitely is, and there never will be a way to truly rate a player solely based on stats), but it is defenitely not biased.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Do you know how whoscored works? If so, then you can't honestly claim that he's got a better rating just cause he's Messi. You could say that whoscored's rating system is flawed (which it definitely is, and there never will be a way to truly rate a player solely based on stats), but it is defenitely not biased.
And FIFA gave him man of the match award and many other websites put him infront of Di Maria

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4605555 said:
And FIFA gave him man of the match award and many other websites put him infront of Di Maria
Fifa is something you can rightfully complain about, Di Maria would be my clear MotM as well.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,095
    Juventino[RUS];4605346 said:
    3jk902r.png

Or James Rodriguez shows individual brilliance to turn the match on its head, scores two goals including perhaps the goal of the tournament, and he doesn't even rank in this lineup. :p :andyandbarcelona:

OK, now I want Costa Rica to destroy them and leave nothing of Holland's bench but a smoldering pit in the ground.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Or James Rodriguez shows individual brilliance to turn the match on its head, scores two goals including perhaps the goal of the tournament, and he doesn't even rank in this lineup. :p :andyandbarcelona:
    Last time I checked he was also the tournament's leading top scorer all by himself.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    A little late, but

Varane hospitalised for dehydration

It’s reported Raphael Varane spent the night in hospital for dehydration after France’s game with Nigeria.

The Real Madrid defender suffered the heat more than most in Brasilia during the 2-0 victory for Les Bleus.

According to Spanish site Sport, Varane spent the night in a Brasilia hospital as a precaution due to acute dehydration.

It has been said players lose at least two litres of water during a game in the intense Brazilian heat.

He is expected to be fit and ready for the quarter-final against Germany on Friday.

http://football-italia.net/51446/varane-hospitalised-dehydration

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    A little late, but

Varane hospitalised for dehydration

It’s reported Raphael Varane spent the night in hospital for dehydration after France’s game with Nigeria.

The Real Madrid defender suffered the heat more than most in Brasilia during the 2-0 victory for Les Bleus.

According to Spanish site Sport, Varane spent the night in a Brasilia hospital as a precaution due to acute dehydration.

It has been said players lose at least two litres of water during a game in the intense Brazilian heat.

He is expected to be fit and ready for the quarter-final against Germany on Friday.

http://football-italia.net/51446/varane-hospitalised-dehydration
    :lol2: But weather is not an issue they say. Rather ridiculous that the games are played at noon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)