[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
I think it was a PK, a weak one nonetheless. Ramos got none of the ball, and denied Ozil the chance to score with a knock on the legs. Too bad it wasn't clear enough for the ref. But I wouldn't be surprised if the ref gave a penalty to Spain for the same foul. That's why Germany need to score. And FAST!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Mertesacker is such a neat defender.

reminds me of Thuram in some ways with his calm and foul free defending.

that and he's a damn giant. how is his club form?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
za germans look very dangerous with those counter attacks...the spaniards look like they can score only from a fluke..but they are controlling the game and dictate the tone

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Terrible first half.

The Spanish are wary of the Germans counters, despite trying to attack the Germans, the defense pushes up so high, so does the midfield, so their lines are all so close together that even when the Germans get the ball, theres barely enough space for them to operate with. By the way they are pushing up, the Spanish are making the field a lot smaller.

In offense the Spanish's problem is the lack of "positive" off the ball movement by their players. All their players movement is movement to receive the ball at their feet, only Villa is making any meaningful movement upfront. This is making it a lot harder for Xavi, Alonso and Iniesta, as the only options they have to pass to, are players that want the ball at their feet.

Anyway, Forza Germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)