[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (13 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
za germans look very dangerous with those counter attacks...the spaniards look like they can score only from a fluke..but they are controlling the game and dictate the tone
:agree: Germany have defended well so far IMO. Other than Villa's first chance and Puyol's chance, they've been pretty good. Boateng doing a good job too. Spain holding most of the possession to decrease Germany's chances. But I think it's only a matter of time before Germany scores!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree with the general sentiment that the Spanish are boring. One of the dullest teams left in the tournament really.

Playing with both Alonso and Busquets in addition to Xavi in midfield contributes to this.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just saw the replay and you're right, the contact was just outside the box.

So a red card? Ramos was the last man and it was a goal scoring opportunity.
It's up to the referee to decide if it was a goal scoring opportunity. But it was a foul. Red card... probably not considering how poor of a touch Ozil made.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
:agree: Germany have defended well so far IMO. Other than Villa's first chance and Puyol's chance, they've been pretty good. Boateng doing a good job too. Spain holding most of the possession to decrease Germany's chances. But I think it's only a matter of time before Germany scores!
:agree: Germany will knick a goal in the second half and then grow in confidence.

Hopefully through Klose so he can overtake fat Ronaldo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm hoping Germany advance, but it's going to be tough. I think the right call was made regarding the Ozil incident by the way.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I agree with the general sentiment that the Spanish are boring. One of the dullest teams left in the tournament really.

Playing with both Alonso and Busquets in addition to Xavi in midfield contributes to this.
That and pressing so far up gives them little space to operate. Alonso can't send a thru ball because everyone's always 'checking to' in order to keep position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)