[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (21 Viewers)

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
That wasn't a routine handball in the box. Different sets of circumstances call for different sets of punishments.
says who?

the handball prevented a goal so it was a red, it does not matter if it was 4 meters or 1 centimeter away from the goal. The guy got a red and Ghana fucked it up, get over it.

One match suspension is enough, it's not like they'll beat Netherlands anyways.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So redundant and stupid thing to bring up. Its not cheating, he stopped the ball with his hand, got red carded and had a pk awarded to Ghana. He is suspended for next game, and we will see him in the meaningless Bronze game next, and not the final.

And Alen, I call it as I see it, for you to seriously say such BS, it deserves to be called for what it is, idiotic.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
First of all congrats to Ken and Patrick for the victory against Brazil.

The Holland - Brazil game was rather weird, the first half was all Brazil, they outclassed Holland in every way possible in that first half, but did not capitalize on their domination, the Dutch made them pay for that in the second half. As soon as Sneider scored that first goal(which was completely J.Cesars fault), the Brazilians surprisingly lost the plot. Its like they never expected Holland to score in a million years.

The Brazilians just could not handle Robben, he ran riot on that right hand side, Sneider gave a brilliant performance too. V.Bommel and Kuyt were also rather good.

As for Ghana, they played well, they surprised everyone by reaching the quarters and could have easily won today, if Gyan had been a little more composed in his penalty. A lot of Ghana's players showed clubs around Europe what they're capable of. Anthony Annan, Andre Ayew, Kwado Asamoah and Kevin Prince Boateng all had brilliant tournaments in midfield. Gyan Asamoah was fantastic throughout the tournament, and i hope the Ghana fans take it easy on him. Ghana made Africa proud, this team could go places in the future :tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As soon as Sneider scored that first goal(which was completely J.Cesars fault), the Brazilians surprisingly lost the plot.
:tup:

The Brazilians just could not handle Robben, he ran riot on that right hand side,
I thought Robben was rather poor today.

He made lots of poor decisions and kept cutting in and getting crowded out, when he should have gone to the by-line.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
This must be a bitter loss for Ghana.

The Suarez handball was a calculated risk that paid off for Uruguay. He made the biggest decision of his football career. I don't consider it cheating. He'll be lauded a hero for that red card.

One penalty kick away from history. One fucking kick. Oh Gyan :sergio:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Red, He made a lot of wrong decisions, but he always does to be honest. All Hollands play came through Robben though, and by getting fouls and causing mayhem on the right hand side, he indirectly caused the two goals.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Red, He made a lot of wrong decisions, but he always does to be honest. All Hollands play came through Robben though, and by getting fouls and causing mayhem on the right hand side, he indirectly caused the two goals.
I still wouldn't say he played well, though.

His presence was enough for Brazil to get scared and repeatedly foul him. He didn't really have to work to draw the fouls.

I couldn't believe Bastos didn't get a second yellow for his challenge on Robben.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I still wouldn't say he played well, though.

His presence was enough for Brazil to get scared and repeatedly foul him. He didn't really have to work to draw the fouls.

I couldn't believe Bastos didn't get a second yellow for his challenge on Robben.

Holland would have never won without him. Brazil could not handle him, or take the ball off him without fouling him. Even if you disagree that he played well, you have to admit he was vital to Holland winning the game.

Bastos definitely deserved a second yellow for that challenge on Robben.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Holland would have never won without him. Brazil could not handle him, or take the ball off him without fouling him. Even if you disagree that he played well, you have to admit he was vital to Holland winning the game.
Of course.

That is what I meant by his presence.

Brazil were terrified of him, so they just hacked him down. They wouldn't have done that if it had been Van der Vaart or Elia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)