[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andries last years CL ball was an absolute belter,when the games are this poor the players will always look to find excuses,heskey blaming ther ball for his miss is a typical example.....no Heskey,you missed because you are shite
I don't think you should blame the ball for anything, but I do think most adidas balls are simply not good. Even Nike makes better balls. Select's the best though. It's a matter of personal preference too I guess.

Sep 1, 2002
Brazil: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Juan, Felipe Melo, Michel Bastos, Elano, Gilberto Silva, Luis Fabiano, Kaka, Robinho

North Korea: Ri Myong-guk, Cha Jong-hyok, Ri Jun-il, Pak Nam-chol, Ri Kwang-chon, Pak Chol-jin, An Yong-hak, Ji Yun-nam, Mun In-guk, Hong Yong-jo, Jong Tae-se.

Interesting decision from the North Koreans to go with that midfield.
I think Pak Chol-jin will play the holding role, while Ji Yun-nam will play in the hole behind the striker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But that doesn't make you any different to the current people you're criticizing.

You hate their fans, you hate their accents, you hate their teams, their players, their refs, their style... we're all on the same line bro;)
I don't hate all their fans, only some. I love their accents. I like some their teams, those with Americans on them. Stick to being annoyed with Vuvuzelas.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I said it's annoying that they're proclaiming them as WC champions after the first game.

It'll serve them right when they get eliminated by USA in the first playoff round. Dempsey to score a hattrick.
We almost had them in 2002. Except Ollie Kahn decided to throw the ball out of his goal before the ref could get a look.:D

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
We almost had them in 2002. Except Ollie Kahn decided to throw the ball out of his goal before the ref could get a look.:D
Did that really happen? German media are always great at digging up the smallest injustice towards them, but they must've done a great job of burrying that fact because I haven't ever seen or heard about it in the last couple of years.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
The English do that as well. Even before they have played a game.
Yes you are right, it's probably the same with every nation. But the nonsense knows no end. Just the other game the commentator starts touting about how "Portugal are struggeling to show the ease of play Germany showed" and how the German team performed so much better. They constantly make statements like that in total disregards that teams like the Ivory Coast are way different from an underperforming Australian team.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Did that really happen? German media are always great at digging up the smallest injustice towards them, but they must've done a great job of burrying that fact because I haven't ever seen or heard about it in the last couple of years.

Put it on 3 minutes. You have two options for a call on this play:

1) Goal

2) Hand ball on Fringes.

That was probably the most complete match played by the US in a World Cup.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXQvQLUj6No&feature=related

Put it on 3 minutes. You have two options for a call on this play:

1) Goal

2) Hand ball on Fringes.

That was probably the most complete match played by the US in a World Cup.
I remember Germany being very lucky to go through, but not that the US had such a great performance. Pretty impressive I have to say.

You COULD judge that the hand ball was involuntary, but when it's that actively preventing a goal it has to be a penalty and, if you're strict about the rules, a red card too.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)