[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (20 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Condolences to the Dutch members. Spain were the better team but the play-acting made the most ruthless of ambulance chasers proud. Watching the match at the pub, the majority of the crowd were fanboys of Spain, and especially Torres and Casillas. It's like they were watching a tennis match with Nadal. Whenever Robben went down, shouts of displeasure from the Red Shirts at the bar were deafening, but when one of the slimeballs went down easily, nobody cared except for me. "That was a dive", I shouted, to the displeasure of the fanboys.

Hopefully that is the first and last World Cup for Spain. Good team, great players, fantastic divers, but a bit too much to like. Seeing Casillas, Villa, Pique and Sergio RamMyAss lift the cup almost prematurely induced projectile hangover vomiting after my weekend of binge drinking and carousing.

This World Cup was a bit of a let down, unfortunately. Hopefully next time we shall see a better one.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Stop dreaming, he's gay.

Condolences to the Dutch members. Spain were the better team but the play-acting made the most ruthless of ambulance chasers proud. Watching the match at the pub, the majority of the crowd were fanboys of Spain, and especially Torres and Casillas. It's like they were watching a tennis match with Nadal. Whenever Robben went down, shouts of displeasure from the Red Shirts at the bar were deafening, but when one of the slimeballs went down easily, nobody cared except for me. "That was a dive", I shouted, to the displeasure of the fanboys.

Hopefully that is the first and last World Cup for Spain. Good team, great players, fantastic divers, but a bit too much to like. Seeing Casillas, Villa, Pique and Sergio RamMyAss lift the cup almost prematurely induced projectile hangover vomiting after my weekend of binge drinking and carousing.

This World Cup was a bit of a let down, unfortunately. Hopefully next time we shall see a better one.
:tup:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

Apr 15, 2006

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
@ Salvo: No Spain did. I just found out yesterday and I can't stop smiling.
for some reason this reminded me of when i was watching england vs germany the odds came up on tv for the winner of the match and it said that brazil were favourites to win the match over germany :lol:

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
this is the worst year of sports in my life. worst than 2006 when we were demoted to serie b.
-inter winning the treble, spain winning the world cup, lakers repeating, federer is done, tracy mcgrady my favourite basketball player cant even dunk anymore, valentino rossi out of the moto gp championship.
My only consolation will be if we had a good off season, and it doesn't seem like we will have one :sergio:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No, I don't believe any source 100%.
FIFA is pretty credible if we're discussing football.
FIFA is far from credible, but your statement "Forlan>Suarez" could not be more true. I don't know how anyone can even argue that. Suarez is great and has age on his side, but as things stand now...it's not even a contest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)