[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (19 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would need more of an arm swing for me to call a straight red for that. Or more of a pointed elbow in the face. We got neither. Sure, he flung back a limb, but it wasn't all that different from a stiff-arm.
But it wasn't just reckless, it looked intentional. That's why I can see why it would be a red, even if a yellow would have been better for the match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I agree with Andy here. Its soft, definitely. But the intent was there and you can understand why the ref gave it. The ref is card happy and the Behrami should have realized that.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Linesmen were doing exceptionally well even. As for the Italy situation, I can understand how they messed that up. Took me a few replays to realise it myself.
It was hard to realize from the angle we watched as tv viewers at the first glance but it was perfectly clear in the replays. If a linesman can't distinguish that it means that he is clearly not up to being at the World Cup.

Dec 10, 2006
C'mon. Fans pay a lot of money to see their NT perform in front of an WC audience. Haven't England locker room break-ins by fans taught you anything?

If North Korea is giving you space to keep playing and create chances, you don't just sit on the ball, passing it back and forth, to kill the clock. That's retarded. Fans paid a lot of money to see the teams play, and play on they should. (Not that the goal differential doesn't hurt when you're next up against Brazil.)
You're right. Portugal men couldn't pass and just horse around while there was many apportinities n spaces for them. Their ppl obviously expect 'em to score. But it was no proud raping N. Korea ass IMO... N. Korea was an absolute sitting duck today, they were on their last legs, Portugal shouldn't have pressed that hard upon N. Korea's throat. Hmmm, I think I'm a little pathetic by now, but I'm sure a 4-0 win would've also satisfied their fans.wouldn't it?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)