[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (6 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Stuart said:
Tom, England have played cunt all fuckin tournament so stop being a stupid hypocrite.
Stuart no need really was there. We've played within ourselves, fine but we've deserved to win every game that we have, and we haven't been aided by diabolical decisions on the way. What I or England has to do with this is beyond me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Second, that penalty was not a penalty in anyones eyes. Anyones. Other than the referee, but as we have come to learn, he does not have eyes. So no, not in anyones eyes.

Could be not worth penalty, but It was Indeed a foul SS.

The Australia player who commited the foul catched Grosso's legs but in a very prof way. Too bad the ref was able to see that.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Stuart said:
You're a fucking idiot. The red card made it harder for us to win, and the penalty made it harder for them to win. The ref didn't make Totti score and he didn't make Australia not score. You're talking like if the ref gave Italy a goal just like that. There were two bad decisions, Italy capitalised, Australia did not. Simple as that.
Since when did you swear?

:D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
jussiut said:
True that, but what I meant was that Italy was the better side when it was 11 vs 11. Toni particularly couldn't finish but Australia's strikers didn't even have any chances to try to finish. The penalty was dubious, so was the red card. However, at least a better team didn't lose because Australia didn't do anything which would've showed they were the better side.
Yes, I agree that Italy looked the better side. Bar the finishing I'd even go so far as to say they looked a class or 2 above. I can see where you're coming from on the "the better team didn't lose" point because you're right, I'm just very disappointed in the way the game was won, when we should have had at least an extra 30 mins for someone to win the game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Jeeks said:
Are you trying to prove anything here?
lol, no. I'm just saying that if you want to warn me do it. Erik was swearing yesterday but it was fine by you because you two were having a laugh. Follow the rules and warn me, moddie boy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Code:
Tom said:
Yes, I agree that Italy looked the better side. Bar the finishing I'd even go so far as to say they looked a class or 2 above. I can see where you're coming from on the "the better team didn't lose" point because you're right, I'm just very disappointed in the way the game was won, when we should have had at least an extra 30 mins for someone to win the game.
I think we can all agree on that.

Let's call it quits, lad. Tom's was a nice post to end with.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stuart said:
I have an attitude problem now. When people piss me off I swear rather than arguing rationally. It's my way of releasing the anger.
No one is pissing you off personally, you are taking the arguments liek that. I advice you to calm down and post in the way we are used to seeing you post.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stuart said:
lol, no. I'm just saying that if you want to warn me do it. Erik was swearing yesterday but it was fun by you because you two were having a joke. Follow the rules and warn me, moddie boy.
:wallbang:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Stuart said:
I have an attitude problem now. When people piss me off I swear rather than arguing rationally. It's my way of releasing the anger.
You and 99% of the world popularion. :D

In any case, congratulations! Enjoy the win! :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Jeeks said:
No one is pissing you off personally, you are taking the arguments liek that. I advice you to calm down and post in the way we are used to seeing you post.
True, they're pissing me off inadvertently but I can't help it if I'm pissed. This is how I express myself.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Sir Sebastian said:
I'm not australian, they aren't my team. I am just sick of the disgusting calls in this tournament.
I only like australia because in my eyes they are the only truly fair-playing, honest, and hard working team in the tournament.
then you can add your disgust to the straight red that Matrix received that put us down to 10 men for an entire half, that was totally underserved

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #518
    We robbed nobody, says Lippi Monday 26 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi has dismissed any notion that his Italy side were lucky to have defeated Australia this evening.

The Azzurri heroically won the last 16 clash 1-0 thanks to a controversial Francesco Totti penalty, despite the second-half dismissal of Marco Materazzi.

And although there are some doubts over whether Fabio Grosso was actually fouled by Lucas Neill for the penalty, Lippi assures that his side deserved their place in the next round.

“I definitely wouldn’t say we were lucky today. We really feared and respected Australia, as we’d seen them run and take advantage of the spaces, so we didn’t give them any opportunity to go near our goal and managed to create several clear-cut chances of our own,” he said.

“With 10 men in the entire second half, we brought out the great heart of these boys and an organised system to make trouble every now and then upfront.

“At the 93rd minute, Grosso went forward and earned this penalty. It was a precise choice to allow Australia more of the ball, but less of the space to run into.”

Despite being a man down, Italy seemed to control the game thanks to their tactical awareness, even if Lippi refused to shoot down the Aussies.

“I don’t believe our opponents are inferior tactically. Perhaps in terms of experience or quality, but they spend more time together than most of the European giants,” he stated.

“For example, we have to squeeze get-togethers every few months into the full fixture list.”

Lippi changed the shape of the Azzurri side by dropping Totti from the starting line-up, even if the Roman had the last laugh with his cool conversion.

“For a moment I was afraid Totti would try to chip the penalty!” smiled Lippi.

“I decided not to put him in from the start because he was incredibly tired at the end of the last game and said he was afraid to shoot in case he damaged his muscles.

“With that in mind and the Australian stamina, I opted to put him in later.”

The enforced introduction of Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli means that Lippi has used every outfield player apart from right-back Massimo Oddo.

“I have always believed in the team as a collective,” he noted. “It’s a shame for those injured and Materazzi’s red card seemed very harsh, but I’m happy that everyone has had the chance to take part in this fantastic World Cup experience.

“Totti’s fracture, Nesta’s recurring injury, then Zambrotta and Gattuso all piled up, but when you have this great character in a group of players, you can overcome these obstacles.”

Lippi concluded his first post-match interview in controversial style after yesterday’s row with the media in the Press conference.

“I was referring to the Press Conference when I said there wasn’t much left to go, not my experience at the helm of this team,” he assured.

However, when asked if he would stay on after the World Cup, Lippi stood up and left.
    -----

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Stuart said:
    lol, no. I'm just saying that if you want to warn me do it. Erik was swearing yesterday but it was fine by you because you two were having a laugh. Follow the rules and warn me, moddie boy.
    I agree, stuart should be warned. I was warned the other day just for calling giovanotti a "fuck for brains" - I mean its true, whereas these comments were totally uncalled for... this is scandalous moderating :p :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)