[WC] Italia vs Australia [26-06-2006] (6 Viewers)

JuveChris

Mar 4, 2006
well the penalty could have been a penalty, i mean he got tackled 2 times and then he felt... but what the ref says its done... look at the red card for materazzi he dosent even touch the player he toches zambrota and maybe if it was a foult it should be yellow, no red so bad desicions are always on the pitch and this time it was for us so you cant complain....

last woldcup whe got out for the ref and that actions of the ref in the korea game where way more "unfair" than this penalty....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Referees make mistakes. Yes. But quite honestly, 15 fatal mistakes per game is too many to maintain the validity of this sport.
That's why artificial help will be appreciated after this WC. I can name over 10 games which have been DELIBERATELY fucked up.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Tom said:
And even if it wasn't a sending off, how can the words "justice" and "deserved" come into it? Italy did not deserve to go through on that performance, and the way they did it sickens me to the core. I now hope they get spanked in the semis.
Hmm, excuse me, Italy had before the red card at least five very good scoring opportunities, Australia might've had one. Italy clearly owned Australia when it was 11-11.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
JuveChris said:
well the penalty could have been a penalty, i mean he got tackled 2 times and then he felt... but what the ref says its done... look at the red card for materazzi he dosent even touch the player he toches zambrota and maybe if it was a foult it should be yellow, no red so bad desicions are always on the pitch and this time it was for us so you cant complain....

last woldcup whe got out for the ref and that actions of the ref in the korea game where way more "unfair" than this penalty....
Nope Materazzi DID touch Bresciano, but it was only a yellow card for rough play.

The referee is disgusting as he costed the game for both sides

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Jeeks said:
In what way the red card is compared to penalty in the extra time? I can't see anythng in common but a stupid referee decision.
I can't agree with that. The penalty had the potential to cost Australia the game and did, just as the red card could have cost Italy the game. If Italy had 11 men they very well might have won anyways.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
to be honest if any of you watched the game and how tight the ref. called it, i dont think it was a bad decision. He fouled grosso and held him up from having a great opportunity at goal. the red card was barely a yellow and materazzi did nothing wrong.

Forza azzurri!! Forza Lippi for starting del, who played good!! and Forza Totti

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
I see people moaning and crying about that red card...But guess what, Italy were screwed aswell, Matrix didn't deserve that Red Card, so get over it, Italy were about to loose to the game thanks to the spanish Ref who gave unfair Red Card to Matrix....Australia simply didn't know how to take an advantage to a team playing with 1man down...

I think that penalty was 100% foul.

For a start, your first sentence makes no sense whatsoever, read it again.

Second, that penalty was not a penalty in anyones eyes. Anyones. Other than the referee, but as we have come to learn, he does not have eyes. So no, not in anyones eyes.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
jussiut said:
Hmm, excuse me, Italy had before the red card at least five very good scoring opportunities, Australia might've had one. Italy clearly owned Australia when it was 11-11.
They had more chances, yes, but they were hardly "owned" otherwise it wouldn't have been 0-0. You shouldn't be able to fluff good chances and get away with it via an extremely dubious 94th minute penalty. Its awful

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stuart said:
I can't agree with that. The penalty had the potential to cost Australia the game and did, just as the red card could have cost Italy the game. If Italy had 11 men they very well might have won anyways.
Thank you and good night. I'm out if this thread.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:

Second, that penalty was not a penalty in anyones eyes. Anyones. Other than the referee, but as we have come to learn, he does not have eyes. So no, not in anyones eyes.
The penalty was 100% foul as he's in the way and even bent backwards to prevent Grosso from passing. That said it's not a penalty, but an indirect free kick.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:

the ref. called a very tight game and i think it was a penatly shot. He held grosso up, if he wasnt there grosso has a open opportunity at goal. if he called materazzi for the red card he has to called the foul on grosso

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Sir Sebastian said:
Evens itself out? Maybe in hell.

In what way is a red card that makes it harder to win an equivelant handicap to absolutely handing the game away?
You're a fucking idiot. The red card made it harder for us to win, and the penalty made it harder for them to win. The ref didn't make Totti score and he didn't make Australia not score. You're talking like if the ref gave Italy a goal just like that. There were two bad decisions, Italy capitalised, Australia did not. Simple as that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Stuart said:
You're a fucking idiot. The red card made it harder for us to win, and the penalty made it harder for them to win. The ref didn't make Totti score and he didn't make Australia not score. You're talking like if the ref gave Italy a goal just like that. There were two bad decisions, Italy capitalised, Australia did not. Simple as that.

Was there a reason for that? Or do you want to go moaning about a warning that I can give you?

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Tom said:
They had more chances, yes, but they were hardly "owned" otherwise it wouldn't have been 0-0. You shouldn't be able to fluff good chances and get away with it via an extremely dubious 94th minute penalty. Its awful
True that, but what I meant was that Italy was the better side when it was 11 vs 11. Toni particularly couldn't finish but Australia's strikers didn't even have any chances to try to finish. The penalty was dubious, so was the red card. However, at least a better team didn't lose because Australia didn't do anything which would've showed they were the better side.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Jeeks, this is about national teams, both are pissed off, I suggest you close this thread, this could go on forever, and you'll end up pulling a Ivanov here :D

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #499
    if the ref gave red for that easy mistake by matrix, then it was a penatly 100%

in any other situation italy would not have gotten a penalty from that, but the ref had to keep his refering on the level what he started. if he gave a red for easy mistake, then he will give a penatly for that easy dive as well.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Look guys, the ref was awful. Let's not insult each other for that.
    Both the penalty and the red card were light.

It sucks for Australia, that's sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)