[WC] Germany vs Italy [04-07-2006] (25 Viewers)

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
i think there is a chance looking lippis choises and not using regular lineup
Yes, but the way I interpreted Lippi's subs vs ukraine is that he decided on that lineup. Else, he would have subbed in other forwards in the end, which he didn't. It's a signal he was making that he finally chose his lineup. Of course, I do hope that you, edpiero, and Rab are right. If not, I atleast hope that there won't be any useless defensive subs, and that Del Piero will get his chances as a real forward during what might very well be a 120 minutes game. One does have to see how scary it is, because if he changes lineup and Italy loses, some people wil find who to blame (even though we know that the scoring sheet vs ukraine is more about ukraine than about italy's frontline players who haven't impressed), and in the finals as well. I can't imagine how scary it is for the players themselves.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
mnementh said:
ukraine isn't germany, you shouldn't be so naive. He should change it or pray the defense keeps 100% record.
and czech rep. also is not ukraine?
against the czech it worked,no?
anyway i hope he will be naive like me and use it
italya went to the final of euro 2000 using this formation and with players at the same skill

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
I'd say Totti must start in the Semi. He played great in the last one, that cross was a beauty.
Del Piero should probably be included, but I don't think Lippi will have that happen without thinking about it a bit.

Forza Italia!

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Italy didn't play that well vs Czech... the first goalscorer was Matrix and the second, the sub, Inzaghi. So your theory doesn't make sense. In euro 2000 I remember actually 2-3 forwards used always (fiore as a playmaker too).

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
GRK said:
I'd say Totti must start in the Semi. He played great in the last one, that cross was a beauty.
which one ? the one for Toni's header ? He actually missed it, it wasn't intended for Toni but for Cannavaro I think or someone else who has trying to intercept it. I think Del Piero's cross to Toni vs Australia was much better. Really, this assist thing is not even up to you in the end... just luck.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
mnementh said:
Italy didn't play that well vs Czech... the first goalscorer was Matrix and the second, the sub, Inzaghi. So your theory doesn't make sense. In euro 2000 I remember actually 2-3 forwards used always (fiore as a playmaker too).
italy's game against czech was the best IMO.
2-3 forwards in 2000??????????????????:disagree:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Badass Devil said:
just me but after i was rite about toni was gona do a pablito rossi, do you think ale will do a tardelli scream against germany? or if we get in the finals? (please god)
the dream idea is that Del Piero will score the winning goal vs France in the final, and he'll go to comfort Zidane the way Zidane comforted him in 2000. This is the dream and dreams never materalise in football do they . :faq1:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Ok,Klinsmann is using 2 tall and slow defenders Mertesacker and Metzelder...so what to do against them????

Lippi is much more experienced coach than Klinsmann.

Germans are very dangerous when it comes to long distance shots.

Their attacking force Podolski-Klose is the most powerful at the WC.

What did Argentina do wrong,except those stupid Packerman's decisions?

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #135
    mnementh said:
    the dream idea is that Del Piero will score the winning goal vs France in the final, and he'll go to comfort Zidane the way Zidane comforted him in 2000. This is the dream and dreams never materalise in football do they . :faq1:
    then stop dreaming fgs and dream that france beats italy in the final so it wont materalise!!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    mnementh said:
    in this world cup, anything is possible. u have no idea how badly i want ale to score a vital goal in this world cup, it would be so perfect, it really would, and if he scored it with the scream of tardelli, god it would be so perfect, that nothing will ever take that joy away, and i would die smiling.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #138
    giovanotti said:
    Ok,Klinsmann is using 2 tall and slow defenders Mertesacker and Metzelder...so what to do against them????

Lippi is much more experienced coach than Klinsmann.

Germans are very dangerous when it comes to long distance shots.

Their attacking force Podolski-Klose is the most powerful at the WC.

What did Argentina do wrong,except those stupid Packerman's decisions?
    eee, those subs decided the game, in all else they didnt do wrong, or well lost the concentration, but thats rather obvious, the players are humans after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)