Which two teams will go through?

• Italy

• Ghana

• USA

• Czech Republic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
The U.S. lack creativity up front, which makes them unable to penetrate opponents who organise the defense well. So they are pretty much fucked with Italy and the Czechs in their group.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
The US wasn't so bad at all. They played well, allthough thats not good enough against Nedved and co. The Czechs played very well, created many goal chances and looked very alive. Two great goals from Rosicky and one class header from Jan Koller. Nedved was very involved in what happaned, and did a lot for his nation.

To the Italia match. They were great. Played a fantastic first half, created alot. A little efortless in their ball pressure but showed what they are capable of.
The second half wasn't so exiting as the previous one had been. But yet again they showed what they can do, with numerous chances to score. Although Ghana looked very tired at the very end, and IMO should have recieved a penalty, and if they had been given that penalty I don't know what the result would have been.
Del Piero got very few minutes and I was prettey angry at Lippi for this. When he got his chance on the pitch, it wasn't much more to do. He should have been awarded a substitution in the late minutes of the first half when the match was alive.
Appiah was good.I have always liked him and I don't like him any less after this performance;)

Forza Italia

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
am i the only one who thinks the italians should be scared after seeing their defense constantly split open by a very weak ghana side?

italy won, buy played like shit...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
am i the only one who thinks the italians should be scared after seeing their defense constantly split open by a very weak ghana side?

italy won, buy played like shit...
Italy could have scored six. Apart from the finishing a good Italy display in my books.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i dont know if anyone has mentioned it but i read that koller is out and will not play before 1/4 finals. that means canna and nesta will have less problems, atleast in the air.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
in my mind italy were never in much danger all game. They controlled every attack or counter-attack ghana threw at them. i think ghana is one of the faster teams in the world cup and it is very hard to defend against that, italy were very solid at the back.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
mnementh said:
dude, that's not true. Signori played almost all matches. He suked but he played. He didn't play in the final though. Zola played and got redcarded and got banned for a few matches. He should have probably played instead of Baggio in the final. anyway... I doubt Lippi will overlook Del Piero. How can he ? For that matter, he won't overlook Inzaghi either unless it's for a good reason. He knows both very well. You will see how he will use Del Piero when he needs to later on, don't worry.
Do people still call others dude? Signori was not really used and when he was , it was a left sided midfielder when he was Italy's best striker at the time
Anyways Italy played well and I am not sure what game some people watch at times

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Seven said:
Italy could have scored six. Apart from the finishing a good Italy display in my books.
they couldve conceded 7. the attack was alright, but if you were an italia fan, would you honestly feel safe using that defense against the czechs?? (yes, i know all their forwards are dead)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
they couldve conceded 7. the attack was alright, but if you were an italia fan, would you honestly feel safe using that defense against the czechs?? (yes, i know all their forwards are dead)

yes....i would u seen all those gap's because ghana is a quick team, quicker then the czech's

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Enron said:
One word mate, Rosicky.

congrats rosicky beat the u.s.a by himself. i dont kare.......to start with every time he touched the ball noone was within 10 feet of him. he had miles of space and i dont know if many people will think this way but italy might have a little stronger defense and midfield.........lol :eyebrows: Gattuso will be back and he is a good marker, he will control the midfield and do what perrotta doesn't....... if we fear rosicky he will get the better of us and if we are fearing him then what happens if we meet brasil, i think ronnie might be a little better

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i think italy played i dont know why ppl said that the defense was poor, remember the Ghanians played very very well. Also zambro was out and grosso is just poor defensively.

rosicky played well against the US who gave him miles of space, i will only feel bad we didnt sign him if he played well against the azzuri

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
sateeh said:
i think italy played i dont know why ppl said that the defense was poor, remember the Ghanians played very very well. Also zambro was out and grosso is just poor defensively.

rosicky played well against the US who gave him miles of space, i will only feel bad we didnt sign him if he played well against the azzuri
I felt Rosicky played well, not great but then again people are always blinded by the goals you score in a game not your overall contribution as before he scored his first goal, i hardly saw him. You are right though as Grosso was bad and to be honest i don't rate him at all as a left back, i prefer Pasqual. People don't appreciate the power and pace of African teams, okay they don't score or test the goal keeper as much as they should but they would worrry any team's defence with their athlecticism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)