• Italy

• Ghana

• USA

• Czech Republic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Morra10 said:
instead of making crazy predictions i will go the other way and make my prediction on the team and not just an upset.

italy 2-0 ghana
u.s.a 1-1 czech

i hate to say it but the czech surprised me with their 3-0 but all in all im 1-1 in predictions

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Czech republic were impressive with Grugera, Nedved and Rosicky being dominant. Usa were just rubbish, loads of possession but no ideas at all what to do with it. Donovan as i have always thought is very ordinary and it showed, Reyna did very well initially then he faded , Johnson showed a bit if promise but Beasley was very disappointing. The central defenders were just hilarious witht heir decision making.

Italy played well with good performances from Totti, Toni, pirlo, Perrotta and Del Rossi in the end. Of cos you can always rely on Cannavaro and Nesta
Zacardo surprisingly played well but I am not very fond of Grosso
Iaquinta might have scored but he is useless really but it won't be an Italian Nt manager if they don't make stupid decisions with choice of favoured strikers
In 1990 it was Carnevale from nowhere then Aldo Serena with Mancini overlooked.
In 1994 it was massaro, with Zola and Signori overlooked.
And now with Dp and Inzaghi on the bench Lippi brings on Iaquinta, okay he has pace but he is not very good at all.
Ghana are just too naive when it comes to reaction to set plays and their final ball is just abysmal. Essien did okay but Kuffour is just a joke
Gilardino , again was disappointing and Lippi was right to not start with Camoranesi as he is too inconsistent and too hesitant with what he wants to do

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
I actually thought Iaquinta was one of your better players, 30 minutes of play and he scored a goal and almost got a penalty. He was also involved in some good combinations.

Del Piero, i dunno, he didn't do anything the ten minutes he was given and lost the ball twice. Frankly speaking he looked weak.

Inzaghi, uhhh:yuck: In this day and age the last thing Italy needs is a guy who deserves more Oscar statues then Robert de Niro.

Totti looked remarkably weak too Tbh, i think he had two good through passes the whole match and none of them lead to anything.

Toni is God though, or as close any human could ever get. Get him fired up and you could go all the way, without him i see Italy being eliminated by Brasilia in the next round.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Stickyicky said:
I actually thought Iaquinta was one of your better players, 30 minutes of play and he scored a goal and almost got a penalty. He was also involved with some good combinations.

Del Piero, i dunno, he didn't do anything the ten minutes he was given and lost the ball twice. Frankly speaking he looked weak.

Inzaghi, uhhh:yuck: In this day and age the last thing Italy needs is a guy who deserves more Oscar statues then Robert de Niro.

Totti looked remarkably weak to Tbh, i think he had two good through passes the whole match and none of them lead to anything.

Toni is God though, or as close any human could ever get. Get him fired up and you could go all the way, without him i see Italy being eliminated by Brasilia in the next round.

totti did nothing? who set up pirlo's goal from the corner? who also had an great free kick from about 35 yards away? totti played good, he made a couple of good passes and got the attack moving

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
Morra10 said:
totti did nothing? who set up pirlo's goal from the corner? who also had an great free kick from about 35 yards away? totti played good, he made a couple of good passes and got the attack moving
Maybe i missed something the first five minutes of the second half but i never saw a great freekick.

He's been injured so i'll give him a break but i expect more from him, he missed many passes and lost balls, he didn't create very much either and while we are at it Pirlo's goal was probably the luckiest thing in the Cup sofar. :cool:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Morra10 said:
how bad is his injury?

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Stickyicky said:
Maybe i missed something the first five minutes of the second half but i never saw a great freekick.

He's been injured so i'll give him a break but i expect more from him, he missed many passes and lost balls, he didn't create very much either and while we are at it Pirlo's goal was probably the luckiest thing in the Cup sofar. :cool:

if that is totti at 70 % i can't wait till he is 100%

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Totti was good, how can you say he did nothing but then again you did say Zlatan was one of the best players so I understand you totally

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
denco said:
Totti was good, how can you say he did nothing but then again you did say Zlatan was one of the best players so I understand you totally
Who are you talking to? I never said he did nothing, i said he looked weak and that i expected more from him.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
denco said:
In 1994 it was massaro, with Zola and Signori overlooked.
dude, that's not true. Signori played almost all matches. He suked but he played. He didn't play in the final though. Zola played and got redcarded and got banned for a few matches. He should have probably played instead of Baggio in the final. anyway... I doubt Lippi will overlook Del Piero. How can he ? For that matter, he won't overlook Inzaghi either unless it's for a good reason. He knows both very well. You will see how he will use Del Piero when he needs to later on, don't worry.

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
I seriously hope Italy and especially Toni nets a couple of goals on the States this Saturday, perfect match to build their confidence up even more.

It shouldn't be too hard to score a couple on this American side, the display i saw today was simply pathetic and right now statisticly they are the worst team in the Cup. I'm sure that will change and the U.s won't finish dead last but nevertheless it's still a great opportunity for Italia's heroes to feast on the weak. I'm sure Tonigoal and the other attackers will be on a hunting mood.:)

Easy three points for Italy, i expect the U.s team to give a decent match for about 20-25 minutes and then Italy will score and the U.s will slowly but surely run out of steam.

Ghana wasn't bad, infact they were pretty damn good. Tacticly and technicly they played an excellent match, probably the best match i've seen in this World Cup sofar.

Their finishing was a little off though and definitly something they must improve.
With Appiah, Essien and Amoah in top form they have have a decent chance of beating the Czech's who in my opionin is the best team i've seen in Germany sofar.

They mix longballs to Koller with deadly throughballs in a very impressive way. A real tank this team is and with players like Koller, Rosicky, Baros and Poborsky they will be a handfull for any team. I expect them to win the group on goal difference. If they don't i wouldnt be surprised if they beat Brazil in the second round, not saying they will but i wouldn't be surprised. Of course i haven't seen Brazil play yet so such a statement should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It will be interesting to see though if Koller will be back for the second match against Ghana and if not how much it affects their play.

Anyone disagree?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)