• USA

• Czech Republic

Results are only viewable after voting.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Is Lippi allowed to smoke a cigar in the World Cup???:D
Allowed or not,he is the man!!!I expect him to do the natural thing and eliminate USA and Ghana!He is the most experienced coach at the whole tournament,was 4 times in the final of the C.L. and has a great team at his disposal.:)

Forza Azzurri!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I can forsee Italy having trouble against Ghana. Their speed, stamina and physicality is something the Azzurri will have problems coping with IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ReBeL said:
:D :D

Do you hint that USA is better than Czech??

I think you'll be surprised in the World Cup...
How frequently do the two favorites from such a difficult group go through to the next round? Not very often, and we have seen a lot of upsets over the past few World Cups to know that some favorites will CHOKE when faced with fairly good opposition in the group stage. The top sides in this group are indeed the Czechs and Italy, however with everybody saying this and with previous observations I highly doubt both of these favorites will go through.

If we are able to beat the Czechs in the first match like we did against Portugal in 2002, anything is possible and I would fancy us to go through. I think we have a good chance of creating quite an upset against the Czechs and hopefully Ghana will run Italy into the ground as well but I highly doubt that will be the case. Whoever wins the crucial Czech Republic - United States match will be going through to the next round.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #48
    I think Italy can go and win the WC if they qualify from their group, but I don't see them coming through.

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
    being a juventus fan and a lippi fan its easy to see that under lippi more ofton than not juve are close to unbeatable for the first 9 - 10 matches...if he does this with italy we'll win the cup...my theory anyway!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    swag said:
    TBH, that was my vote as well independent of seeing any of this.

the US is pretty unpredictable, they could flop or make it to the semis, you never know. I don't think the czechs will go too far, but they should make it out of the group. Italy, well, I think they'll be italy.

Apr 12, 2004
    ReBeL said:
    UNITED STATES

Manager: Bruce Arena
    Fifa ranking: 8
    Key man: DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven)
    Previous World Cups: 7.
    Best SF 1930
    Killer fact: The USA have the biggest pool of players to choose from with the largest population - 290.3m. But soccer is only the fifth choice sport.
    The key man is Onyewu.

And our best was winning in 1950.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
    italy first
    czech second
    italy must finish first to prevent playing against brazil in the second round
    hope that usa will end last with no points and no goals

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    engonga said:
    italy first
    czech second

youre an idiot

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    engonga said:
    italy first
    czech second
    Personally, I hope Italy chokes just as usual and Totti receives a red card for fondling Landon Donovan, thus seeing them lose to the United States and failing to progress. Because I seriously do not care what happens to Italy. So, we're even.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)