• Italy

• Ghana

• USA

• Czech Republic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Ramin said:

With all due respect to USA, i personally think Ghana has a better chance to go through.
USA are the second best team in this group after Italy. I don't know why they are so underrated - after all they reached the QF's in 2002. Ghana dissapointed in the African Cup of Nations and I think they will be overwhelmed in this group.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    Intro said:
    USA are the second best team in this group after Italy. I don't know why they are so underrated - after all they reached the QF's in 2002. Ghana dissapointed in the African Cup of Nations and I think they will be overwhelmed in this group.
    Had Essien stayed with Lyon, Ghana would have been better in the CAN and probably in the WC.

I am happy that USA are underrated, this will help make them go through.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Intro said:
    :D :D

Do you hint that USA is better than Czech??

I think you'll be surprised in the World Cup...

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Intro said:
    Clearly we have different opinions..

The way i see it: 1st would be Italy, C.Rep, Ghana, and lastly USA.

The US is a very young and inexperieced team, and i'm not expecting anything from them. Ghana is a very physical team. I dont think US will cope with them. Besides, USA has been crap in their latest friendly's. I know they're just friendly, but still..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    i think CR will be going with italy from this group. yes, cr dont have mabey very good strikers and they have those known players, but well by that logic then brazil, england, france, italy, argentina(all seem to fail as well, because those teams have imo actually even more known players than chech republic. and besides, cr have lot to prove and if nedved is fit they should do well imo. rosi and nedved make a good midfield. and cech is a good gk, yes they might not have that good defens, but they can "kill" usa in the midfield.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    Every World Cup there is a surprise where a big team is sent packing early on. I definitely think Czech's are the main contenders this time. Firstly, they are in a very difficult group which is full of similar quality but if Italy excel this will make it tough for Czech's as they can afford little help.

Last time the surprise was Portugal and it was no surprise that USA played a part in their downfall again. How Nedved was sent-off against Arsenal is the same behaviour I can see from in the World Cup just as Portugal did in their elimination 4 years ago.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    redshift_rider said:
    hey, i thought each team played the other team twice? did the rules change or sumtin?

No! ...but the rules have changed in this Forum, you now have to send in 2 of the same posts everytime. :eyebrows:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    No! ...but the rules have changed in this Forum, you now have to send in 2 of the same posts everytime. :eyebrows:

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    That single vote for Ghana, thats ME!! Got my Ghanian friend with me here so i gotta be nice. WC is full of surprises.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Tino said:
    I dont like Italys killerfact.......

Me neither :disagree:

Least look at it this way, we dont get beaten within the 90min. It only takes a lottery type penalty shoot out to knock our boys out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)