• England

• Paraguay

• Trinidad and Tobago

• Sweden

Results are only viewable after voting.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I dont think his mistake was taking Walcott, i think the mistake was taking both Owen and Rooney. You cannot take 2 unfit strikers, if you are gonna gamble surely you have to gamble on 1 over the other not take 2 of them. The likes of Bent or Defoe or Ashton harewood and or even Sheringham would have been a better bet for me

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
I dont think his mistake was taking Walcott, i think the mistake was taking both Owen and Rooney. You cannot take 2 unfit strikers, if you are gonna gamble surely you have to gamble on 1 over the other not take 2 of them. The likes of Bent or Defoe or Ashton harewood and or even Sheringham would have been a better bet for me
taking a walcott is a gamble and to a certain extent is very very unfair to the other established forwards who had an understanding with the squad. The likes of Bent,Defoe,and even Ashton should be there not the young walcott

i think sven taking rooney in is just a pathetic attempt by him. He should just forget abt him, and focus on this current squad, which is not that bad if he could find the right tactical formation.
England can do well if they could free up both gerrard and lampard and use the wings effectively. Thats where ledely kind would've been very effective, better than hargreaves i think

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Katil said:
.. perhaps not the right place

Källström to Lyon
http://www.olympiquelyonnais.com/

Wilhelmsson close to Nantes
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...=430&lid=11&title=Nantes+close+on+Wilhelmsson

And Karl Svensson to Rangers
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...lid=67&lid=7&title=Rangers+swoop+for+Svensson

Things are happening in Sweden. :undecide:
The Sweden thread: http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16194

But to comment on the tranfers; it's good that they sign with other clubs now so they can concentrate on the WC when it starts and not have to think about tranfers during the competition.

And I think Lyon is making a catch cos I think the value on Källström will go up after the WC.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
hahahahaa
he scored a very nice goal last nite and played well imo. But there r some big questions on the system that eriksson is playing with. IMO it just doesnt work and wont work. The defence was solid though

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    Källström should start ahead of Svensson otherwise I see Paraguay going with England to the next stage. Zlatan should also be benched, both Rosenberg and Allbäck can do better. The team becomes more as a unit with Zlatan's absence.

From last night's game, I saw that only Linderoth, Ljungberg and Larsson are the ones who want to play.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Jeeks said:
    Källström should start ahead of Svensson otherwise I see Paraguay going with England to the next stage. Zlatan should also be benched, both Rosenberg and Allbäck can do better. The team becomes more as a unit with Zlatan's absence.

From last night's game, I saw that only Linderoth, Ljungberg and Larsson are the ones who want to play.
    Yeah that is the problem. Zlatan can be wonderful and fantastic, but from his recent performances I don't see that coming. Though I guess a friendly versus Chile doesn't motivate one very much, yet he should have proved himself. Zlatan is no good coming off the bench, and if he starts and doesn't play well, its awful hard to change the game with just a substitution.

I really don't know what we want to do, though he should definetly start versus T&T. If he doesn't shine there, then uhm work your magic Rosenberg. :shifty:

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
    Katil said:
    Yeah that is the problem. Zlatan can be wonderful and fantastic, but from his recent performances I don't see that coming. Though I guess a friendly versus Chile doesn't motivate one very much, yet he should have proved himself. Zlatan is no good coming off the bench, and if he starts and doesn't play well, its awful hard to change the game with just a substitution.

I really don't know what we want to do, though he should definetly start versus T&T. If he doesn't shine there, then uhm work your magic Rosenberg. :shifty:
    Trinidad and Tobago is the right first match, Zlatan is extremely dominant against weaker players, moreso then any other player in the world.

He should be able to score a couple of goals in that match, if he nets two, he will have a great World Cup i'm sure.

I agree however that against Chile he was invisible.

Anyway, Sweden and England advance from the group.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    England should win it on paper but i get the feeling that Sweden might just come first but we shall see. Paraguay are not likely to cause any major headaches, they are capable of huffing and puffing but they alwasy seem to disappoint when it really counts. Tand T will be there to add much needed colour to a dour group

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    true abt paraguay they always seem to disappoint...mybe this is their year.

I dont see sweden going top here, unless ibra plays well which he is not doing at the moment. Although they have a good squad, they need him to step up.

England need to forget abt wayne rooney and play their games without thinking of him but i dont see that happening. It will cost them later on or not the group

T&T will add the flavour as u said denco :D

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Unless there is a minor miracle Zlatan will flop very badly, saving grace is Larrsson who is everything Zlatan is not, and thats complete class in whatever he does. Ljunberg is a man of big occasions , though his scoring record last season was pretty poor. For once England should be able to beat the Swedes but it all depends on what happened in Germany's group as we would have the very bizzare situation where teams will be playing to avoid eachother in the next round as matches in different groups are played on different days

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    yeah i agree , both teams would want to avoid the big teams in such an early round

we will have to wait and see on the zlatan situation though, agreed abt larsson such class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)