• Germany

• Costa Rica

• Poland

• Ecuador

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
great start from my natinal-team with two awesome goals from lahm and frings! with no offence to anyone, but maybe lahms goal was soon the best of the wc...:)

but our deffense... no comment! but its better to play not on the best level in the first game, cause their would be no space to get better in the following games!

No big surprise for me that poland lose against ecuador! germany will crash them!

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Very good opening game with both teams committed to attack Germany more so than Costa Rica. Germany had some good things and also some alarming things. The central defender , i am not sure what his name is attacks way too much . Fredrych the right back was hopeless imo, causing too many offisde traps to go awry and when he is forward cannot play a decent cross. Podolski is not very good and I have seen him a few times already. No way can they defend like that and beat a major team, its impossible.

Klose , Sschneider, Frings who pulled the strings and Schweinsteiger all played well. Odonkor showed in his very brief cameo that he can come on and disturb teams withhis pace and off cos there is always Ballack

Ecuador vs Poland was just absolute rubbish with Poland just a bunch of very average predicatable players who seem to be playing football by the book not by any sort of imagination .
Ecuador defended very well but to be fair Poland were so predicatable and always seemed to pick the wrong pass

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
rainhard said:
geramny's CB is very poor. every time they failed to make the off-side trap.. they give the enemy chance to be in 1 v 1 position with keeper.

if they played Brazil last night maybe the scoreline is 4-0 for Brazil
i suggest u watch the goals again and u would see that both CBs were holding their lines and on both occassions the RB (fredirich) was breaking the trap... so get ur facts right

and when the time comes to brasil then its a different story

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sateeh said:
i suggest u watch the goals again and u would see that both CBs were holding their lines and on both occassions the RB (fredirich) was breaking the trap... so get ur facts right

and when the time comes to brasil then its a different story
:agree: Yep. Some awful offside trap breakdowns at RB. Germany couldn't hold a line often enough due to Friedrich.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
swag said:
:agree: Yep. Some awful offside trap breakdowns at RB. Germany couldn't hold a line often enough due to Friedrich.
i dont know if we will see a change in the 2nd match, but the guy is a disaster..although he has his good games

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
This is definitely 1 very good opening game, with bags of goals coming everywhere. Germany is proving their critics wrong by trying to dominate the game and score. They attack like no tomorrow, giving the Costa Rica keeper plenty of work to do with shots pouring from everywhere. After Frings scored, he literally surrendered. Wanchope is the reason y e Costa Rica NT needs him badly, scoring crucial goals.

Good points about Germany:

Lahm is threatening as a LB. Goes forward a lot

Frings had an awesome game building bridges between the offence and defence.
The superb goal he scored is already ocunted as one of the best WC goals in this campaign.

For a 32 year old footballer, Schninder shows that he can still play at a competitive level

Schweinsteiger is giving the Costa Rica defence problems as usual.

Klose is always there when u need him. Scored with his feet rather than his head. Perfect birthday gift for him.

Bad points about Germany:

Fredrych ought to be dropped to the bench. Didn't do a good performance both defensively and offensively.

Borowski looks lost in midfield, wise decision to take him out and replace him with Kehl. As things start to turn out right, Fredrych committed a fatal mistake and Wanchope again scored.

Podolski lost a bit of touch and almost scored.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
true with the bad points!! but we dont have any replacements for friedrich! maybe schneider and frings but I think we need them both in our midfield!

Podolski will smash poland and borowski is only a replacement for ballack who was injured, so no surprise that he cant impress like ballack!!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Tino said:
true with the bad points!! but we dont have any replacements for friedrich! maybe schneider and frings but I think we need them both in our midfield!

Podolski will smash poland and borowski is only a replacement for ballack who was injured, so no surprise that he cant impress like ballack!!
Ironically, I thought they can call up Owomoyela, I think he is a better player than Fredrych.

I stil have faith in Podolski of making a big impact against Poland, let's hope he will create wonders.

Tino ur rich now, can u donate some vCash to me? :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ZhiXin said:
Ironically, I thought they can call up Owomoyela, I think he is a better player than Fredrych.

I stil have faith in Podolski of making a big impact against Poland, let's hope he will create wonders.

Tino ur rich now, can u donate some vCash to me? :D
imo owomoyela is as bad as fredirich, i wanted klinsi to give andreas hinkel a chance but he never did.

i still have faith in podolski but he needs to be more active meaning passing the ball and setting up the midfielders not only getting the ball and directly shooting.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
no zhixin! no money for you! iam happy to have this money...

I think all of these, Owomoyela, Friedrich and Hinkel are at the moment not at their best! maybe Owo would be better at this point!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Tino said:
no zhixin! no money for you! iam happy to have this money...

I think all of these, Owomoyela, Friedrich and Hinkel are at the moment not at their best! maybe Owo would be better at this point!
he doesnt impress me at all

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
Today we will probably know the first team which qualified to the next round. I hope my national team will do their best against Germany but i'm not hurra optymistic. We lost opener with Equador and now we need 3 pts to dream about qualifying. Unfortunately there is one more fact. We have never won with Germans in history. And how can the team ,which is off-form, do it?? Maybe our "wonderful" Janas will change from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and then try to gain some adavantage in attack. I can see only one way to beat rivals today. Smolarek-Jeleń and Żurawski behind them should make a lot of difficulties for german defenders. I don't think they are very nimble ;) My prediction: (heart) 1-0 for Poland, (brain;)) 3-1 for Germany

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Now this is Germany's 2nd game in this group. I think they will be able to win it, so that they will not give the home nation anymore worries. I will like to see what happens in this game.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
germany to win!
ecuador to win!

result: Group A already finish, only the question who plays against england or sverige!

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
gaspipe said:
"So close no matter how far
Couldn`t be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters..."
No offence pipe, but poland wasn't close to anything but packing their bags:)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
GOOO DEATSCHLAND, First team to the 2nd round.

The team played very well and grew very much defensively since the first game. A big difference defensively beleive it or not was Ballack, different to Borowski he always likes to sit infront of the defence and his work rate is better than the Werder midfielder.
some ratings for the players:

Lehmann: Didnt have much to do but he held abt two good shots from the Polish but he spilled one corner which is alarming.

Lahm: MOM again, the kid is proving to be on of the stars of this german team and imo one of the best LBs in the tournament right now. Great defense, offense, crosses.He is a great asset to the team.

Fredirich:played a better defensive game than last time but still his overall performace was poor especially his crosses. Klinsi did well by changing him with schneider.

Merterascker: He is getting more dependable by every game. Had two great challenges which were very important. Had a better game than Metzelder imo.

Metzelder:Was solid for 90% of the game but he had some lapse of concentration but he did well infront of his home crowd.

Frings: I think he had a very good game and much better than the costa rica game. Ballack helped him much though. But overall good passes and cleaned the midfield much and covered alot of ground.

Ballack: captain fantastic was not the saviour in this game but his passes were very good and he linked well with the others. Wanted him to push up the field more and give the polish defense something to think abt but he didnt. Overall good game imo.

Schweni:Did well but i expect more from him, he tried too hard on the flanks instead of just playing the simple balls. His free kicks were not very good as well , same goes to the corners which r a big factor in a game like this.

Schneider:Had a better game than schweni and did well in defense as well as in midfield.Gave some good through passes to odoknor, klose and fredi as well.

Klose: Very positive and challenged for soo many balls in the air. Misses an easy free header in the 1st half that should've been a goal. Was unlucky to hit the bar in the final minutes.

Podolski: He will need to show much better form than this although he was better than the Costa Rica game much more positive. His finishing was questionable when he was one on one with the keeper and missed. We need someone more clinical and hence there was neuville.

Odokonor: Very positive on the right , didnt know the guy could clock the 100m in 10.9s , but i didnt think he would provide some good crosses but he did and he set up the goal. I see a good future for him and a great move by klinsi to put him there.

Borowski: Didnt impose himself much in that right hand of the midfield, but he was involved in two or three plays and did well considering the circumstances.

Neuville: He was there to be more clinical, he has better positioning than poldi and u can see that as he was involved in much more shots than poldi. Did well to finish that goal.

Very good performance, although the team didnt destroy the polish but they did very well.On all aspects there were soo much positives. Even klinsi's subs were almost perfect, although i thought that Marcell Jansen would be introduced not borowski.
Some questions again on fredirich but we will have to wait and see wat happens in that situation in the next match. Also the finishing, as the team needs to be more clinical and lethal infront of goal, this game should've had goals earlier than the 91st min.
But overall i'm happy, defense did well and the midfield created soo it good sign of things to come

And jeeks u asked why Neuville was there? :D

Gaspipe u guys still have hope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)