Water Damaged Penisdick (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Well, my laptop was drenched in water while the power cord was plugged in and in sleep mod. It must have been sitting in water for a good 6 hours before I noticed. Now it's pretty obvious the laptop is shot barring a miracle, but how likely is it that I'll be able to recover any data from the hard drive after this scenario? I mean, the thing must have been completely drenched.

Martin, Jeeks, etc..
great news

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Andy, all you gotta do is keep the thing switched off and leave it out to dry for a good week or so. Water doesn't destroy electronics, short circuits do. The last thing you want to do is turn it on prematurely to see if it works. If you're feeling adventurous, you can get some pure alcohol and pour it all over the place to clean out the circuits then let it dry out.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    Andy, all you gotta do is keep the thing switched off and leave it out to dry for a good week or so. Water doesn't destroy electronics, short circuits do. The last thing you want to do is turn it on prematurely to see if it works. If you're feeling adventurous, you can get some pure alcohol and pour it all over the place to clean out the circuits then let it dry out.
    I tried to turn it on without knowing it was water-damaged the same day, and I was wondering WTF happened. Then I went back to where it was and saw the place drenched. So it's pretty much cooked, unfortunately.

Would the alcohol thing still work after trying to turn it on?

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I tried to turn it on without knowing it was water-damaged the same day, and I was wondering WTF happened. Then I went back to where it was and saw the place drenched. So it's pretty much cooked, unfortunately.

Would the alcohol thing still work after trying to turn it on?
    buy a new one and forget about it

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    It's all I use at work now. Slick and sweet. I actually have one with the jumbo monitor. Which isn't horrible for traveling, but it's a lot trickier than the standard one. I've written to you all on it from Torino and India, etc., on it, but you need a special-sized bag and it's a little more awkward in airports, etc.

But you really don't need to consider a separate monitor then...
    I'm getting a Macbook Pro on Saturday. :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)