Watch this (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
HOW OLD IS THIS GUY, AND WHERE DOES HE PLAY?

btw, nice moves on the film. He seems kinda good. Many of my Iranian friends always tell me a lot about his skills and so on...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Ouch..
Dream on.. don't underestimate asian football.
National teams like Iran, Saudi Arabia, S. Korea, Japan may barely be WC quality , but they still are in the top 40 national teams in the world.

Adu isn't even a starter in the MLS.
Adu started over half the games for DC United this season, only being 14 or 15 (supposedly).

I do not underestimate Asian football, rather, only comparing what the video looked like to one of my experiances. But the level of football that I have seen in Asia is not the same in Europe, obviously.

they have similar feet legs? :D
Well, they both move in the same way. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
HOW OLD IS THIS GUY, AND WHERE DOES HE PLAY?

btw, nice moves on the film. He seems kinda good. Many of my Iranian friends always tell me a lot about his skills and so on...

25, Al-Ahli (UAE)

Have you ever heard of google?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ah common.. It's not like Roma is not like a Serie C team.

dribbling past the likes of Mexes, Dellas, Cufre, Candela and Panucci is indeed impressive. Roma's defense sucks as a whole and is breakable through team work. When taking on defenders one on one, you look at the individual defender more than the defense as a whole.

I think it's rather impressive what he's done in the asian cup and Irani league considering that just 4 years ago, he was practicing in a street. That's what I call natural talent.
For the record, my comments were not intended as a slight to Ali Karimi but rather Roma. Just look at the goal tally... this season only Inter has given up more goals thus far in all of Serie A. This from a team that lead Serie A last season.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Adu started over half the games for DC United this season, only being 14 or 15 (supposedly).

I do not underestimate Asian football, rather, only comparing what the video looked like to one of my experiances. But the level of football that I have seen in Asia is not the same in Europe, obviously.
if you're just "comparing the video.." does that mean that when you look at Maradona videos, in his Napoli days, you think less of Serie A defenders?!

Of course not, but comparing Top Asian football to your highschool team or even the MLS is a crime.

Well, they both move in the same way. :D
In terms of movement, IMO, you're way off. :p

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

For the record, my comments were not intended as a slight to Ali Karimi but rather Roma. Just look at the goal tally... this season only Inter has given up more goals thus far in all of Serie A. This from a team that lead Serie A last season.
Sorry.. my mistake. I shouldn't have read the title and first post of this thread. ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
Al-Ahli gonna make some monnie$ bay-beah :D
I think it's Karimi who's making the money. I can't imagine that he'll be sold to europe now after taking a step down in the league that he plays in. Also, I can't imagine that Al-Ahli is such a franchise that'll market his talent to make money.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

if you're just "comparing the video.." does that mean that when you look at Maradona videos, in his Napoli days, you think less of Serie A defenders?!

Of course not, but comparing Top Asian football to your highschool team or even the MLS is a crime.
Majed, all that I'm saying is if you would watch the tape of Karimi, and then watch a tape of Adu against a high school team, they both would look alike. Reason? I thought it would be fairly self-explanatory, my fault.

And for your first statement, I hope you don't think Karimi is the new Maradona. :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Majed, all that I'm saying is if you would watch the tape of Karimi, and then watch a tape of Adu against a high school team, they both would look alike. Reason? I thought it would be fairly self-explanatory, my fault.
Sorry, was I supposed to ignore this?!
Comparing that with the level of competition in Asia, that might not be too far off the mark.

And for your first statement, I hope you don't think Karimi is the new Maradona. :rolleyes:
How did you ever assume that? My Maradona example was just an analogy.

He's actually called (as shown in the video) the "Asian" Maradona. While is see why they say that, I don't even agree with that title. I've seen better dribblers in Asia.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Sorry, was I supposed to ignore this?!
Well, I guess I should have said I was comparing high school soccer to the MLS, saying that Adu was amazing in high school, but is not as noticable in the MLS. So, Karimi might be great in Asia, but once/if he comes to Europe, he might be playing like Adu in the MLS. Or in other words, Karimi would probably not be a standout in Europe. Maybe the analogy pattern was a bit too hard to see.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
actually,a couple of clips in that video highlights more of Karimi's faults than his strengths.his dribbling is good alright-but in europe he'd probably need to adjust to a higher level of defending.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
actually,a couple of clips in that video highlights more of Karimi's faults than his strengths.his dribbling is good alright-but in europe he'd probably need to adjust to a higher level of defending.
Well that video doesnt show everything he could do. Its not like he just driblbles past players and be it. He's got a great vision, passing ability, and Pace as well.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

I think it's Karimi who's making the money. I can't imagine that he'll be sold to europe now after taking a step down in the league that he plays in. Also, I can't imagine that Al-Ahli is such a franchise that'll market his talent to make money.
you think attendance and merchandise sales wont be affected by his presence?

how are they doing in their league?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

you think attendance and merchandise sales wont be affected by his presence?

how are they doing in their league?
It would be affected.. sure... but it the amount won't be that significant. Remember, we're talking about a UAE team here.

Apr 12, 2004

Ouch..
Dream on.. don't underestimate asian football.
National teams like Iran, Saudi Arabia, S. Korea, Japan may barely be WC quality , but they still are in the top 40 national teams in the world.

Adu isn't even a starter in the MLS.

they have similar feet legs? :D
Yea the aren't that good, those NT you mentioned are only in teh top 40 because places like Cuba and israel cannot profuce that kind of talent. Didn't Klose put 4 in the net in 02 against SA, and SA got rocked in the dome by Germany 6 nil.

Adu doesn't strat because he is 15, so yea i would agree if he were 26, but no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)