Watch this (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Yousef Al-Thnaiyyan, Fahd Al-Mehalal, Sami Al-Jaber in their days. Though the latter two's style is more like DP's than Karimi's.
i havent watched enough from the first 2 to make a judgement,El Jaber is a good dribbler,but not like Karimi IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
i havent watched enough from the first 2 to make a judgement,El Jaber is a good dribbler,but not like Karimi IMO.

very well. :)

but have you seen Sami Al-Jaber 8 years ago?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
he just prefer Al-Ahli to many great clubs such as Athletico Madrid just because of $$$$$$:fero:
he is the best footballer of Asia...he even showed his abilities against German defence at Iran-Germany friendly match.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
no i've been watching him for 6 years now.enough IMO to form an opinion about him.
While 6 years is definately enough to "form an opinion," I don't think it qualifies you to say that you've seen him "in his best days."

I'm asking about if you saw Sami play in his best days? His best days were 1997 and before IMO.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

While 6 years is definately enough to "form an opinion," I don't think it qualifies you to say that you've seen him "in his best days."

I'm asking about if you saw Sami play in his best days? His best days were 1997 and before IMO.
Sami is great..ppl in Iran who follow Asian football respect him and Saudi alot as our biggest rival:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

Sami is great..ppl in Iran who follow Asian football respect him and Saudi alot as our biggest rival:D
Yep. Iran and KSA are the powerhouses of West Asia while S.Korea and Japan are the powershouses at the other end of the continent. :)

We had a lot of exciting games between us over the years. :thumb:

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #68
    I didnt expect so many replies

Its amazing how much people write players off, How many players have been said that they wouldnt be able to perform in better leagues and come on brilliantly? And just for your info, there is a deal in place to take him to Roma at the end of his contact (end of this season). I think the deal is already completed, so you will see him in Europe next season!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Shunsuke Nakamura is the best playmaker in Asia :stuckup:

he as an assist in every other game for Japan NT...simply the best player in the recent Asia Cup...

i just dont understand how he cant turn his potential with Reggina like what Nakata did with Perugia...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    Shunsuke Nakamura is the best playmaker in Asia :stuckup:

he as an assist in every other game for Japan NT...simply the best player in the recent Asia Cup...

i just dont understand how he cant turn his potential with Reggina like what Nakata did with Perugia...
    Maybe that's why Nakamura isn't up for the prize because of his mediocre club form.

It's not easy for players to make it in leagues and countries where the language and culture is different.

That's why many South and Central American players go to Spanish teams when they start off their European journey. Same goes for the many French speaking Africans and the French league.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

Maybe that's why Nakamura isn't up for the prize because of his mediocre club form.

It's not easy for players to make it in leagues and countries where the language and culture is different.

That's why many South and Central American players go to Spanish teams when they start off their European journey. Same goes for the many French speaking Africans and the French league.
    and becoz of this he has always been accepted as 2nd fiddle to Nakata for that playmaker role in Japanese NT even if he always been the most important player on the field evrytime he plays.. :sigh: ... his creative consistency for Japan Nt is very exciting... his passes would look like a a miss pass that goes against the play but actually would open up chance at another part of the field... always very tricky to handle... when he left Yokohama F. Marinos mid season for Reggina, he left an unsupassable 25 assist tally that stand until the end of the season...

its clear the problem is the enviroment in Reggina.. it seems he cant accept the same level of trust from his teamates... i am sure playing for Juve he would be no worse than camoranesi.. he can even teach Del Piero how to take free kicks....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

and becoz of this he has always been accepted as 2nd fiddle to Nakata for that playmaker role in Japanese NT even if he always been the most important player on the field evrytime he plays.. :sigh: ... his creative consistency for Japan Nt is very exciting... his passes would look like a a miss pass that goes against the play but actually would open up chance at another part of the field... always very tricky to handle... when he left Yokohama F. Marinos mid season for Reggina, he left an unsupassable 25 assist tally that stand until the end of the season...
    cool..
    Yeah, Nakamura is one of only about a dozen Japanese players i've every known.

its clear the problem is the enviroment in Reggina.. it seems he cant accept the same level of trust from his teamates... i am sure playing for Juve he would be no worse than camoranesi.. he can even teach Del Piero how to take free kicks....
    Not just in Reggina i think. In all of Italy. I can't imagine it being easier with Juve. He would struggle big time.

How many FKs has he scored with Reggina?

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    :thumb:

Indeed. He's definately worthy of the Asian player of the year award previously won by the likes of Nakata, Nawaf Al-Temyat, Ali Daie, and Mahdavikia.
    i like Nawwaf Al-Tamyat alot..:down: but i miss him and i feel sorry for what happened to him..he will never play again,will he?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    i like Nawwaf Al-Tamyat alot..:down: but i miss him and i feel sorry for what happened to him..he will never play again,will he?
    Yeah.. He's my fav Asian player.
    Even if he does play again, I doubt he'll ever be the same.

Two terrible knee injuries in the past 4 years really destroyed what looked as a promising career.

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003

I think it's Karimi who's making the money. I can't imagine that he'll be sold to europe now after taking a step down in the league that he plays in. Also, I can't imagine that Al-Ahli is such a franchise that'll market his talent to make money.
    Al-Ahli Club has several other talented players who,if Karimi was sold to some european team,would keep Al-Ahli on the same level as it is now.However,Karimi is the best of all and Al-Ahli will never give up on him...there are other talented players like Farhad Majidi from Al-Wasl Club..he scored 100 goals or even more for his team.. :)

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003

Yeah.. He's my fav Asian player.
    Even if he does play again, I doubt he'll ever be the same.

Two terrible knee injuries in the past 4 years really destroyed what looked as a promising career.
    its sad to see how a young,talented and ambitious player ended up with knee injuries which stopped him from pursuing his dreams..

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #77
    I like Junichi Inamoto, he played for Fulham, and is currently at West Brom in the Premiership but he is injured right now, he is my favorite Asian player!

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
    he just prefer Al-Ahli to many great clubs such as Athletico Madrid just because of $$$$$$:fero:
    he is the best footballer of Asia...he even showed his abilities against German defence at Iran-Germany friendly match.
    Well, $ rules the world.

"They made money, the money didn't make them."
    - The Roots.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ok.do you know Emad Muhamad,the Iraqi player(you'd defenitly know him if you watch Asian football),well 3 years ago Milan were interested in buying him,but do you think that makes him great,well no it doesnt,
    btw,dont you think your argument is weak
    "Athletico Madrid approached to sign him so he's the best player in Asia"
    Your point has no value. Real Madrid were interested in Vieri, Does that make him a crap player that they didnt sign him :rolleyes:. Or all the other transfer links to various team which wont happen for that matter. And you call my argument is weak? :rolleyes:

My point was that you saying "I bet anything that he wont even make it in Getafe's first team" is pure RUBBISH.

ps - Nakamura is a very good player and especially his free-kicks. I think he'd do better in a stronger team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)