[ Watch LIVE ] Italy vs Croatia (8 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

AzzurriGirl said:
Hvala, Vlatko. I really like Niko Kovac, isn't he the Capitano? Where is Prso, did he leave the team or is he just not playing today? And you mentioned Kranjcar...I like him too. Is he not starting today? Sorry for all the questions.

I know people were disappointed in their performance during the WC. They did not have an easy group. I thought they handled themselves very well vs. Brazil. Missing the kick vs. Japan was a heartbreaker too.

Looking forward to today's game to check out all the younger, new players on both sides.

@Tifoso Lou...RAI International will broadcast the game at 2:38 pm East Coast time according to their schedule.
no problem. yes,niko kovac is our captain. prso left the national team, he has trouble with his knee and thinks he can't play on both fronts, there is talk of him continuing to play on, but i hope that it's not true. he would just take the place of our da silva, and this kid really deserves his chance, plus prso really can't play anymore on both fronts. no niko will not be starting today, don't know if he is on the bench to be honest, i think he is. if he is he will most definetly get playing time. bilic is a great coach, and a great person, i am really excited to see his reign with the national team, as he can get the best out of all players, young and old. once again pay attention to luka modric. that kid is brilliant. ;)

yes, they did well against brazil but the rest was just plain old poor. i don't want to rant on and on about it, cause it's in the past now, and thank god. but all in all we should have been able to pass that group. we didn't and i have only the coach to blame for that. he made some huge mistakes and in the end said he isn't to blame, he did everything right, we just missed some luck. go figure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
I will definitely check out Luka Modric. And daSilva too. I don't know anything about the new coach for your team. Looks like both NT's have new coaches and are trying out the younger players.

I have to tape the game and watch it after work.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
I just saw the first few minutes of the game. It's freaking me out to see an Azzurri shirt with a #5 and Cannavaro is not on it.:cry: :cry: Have to wait 2 more weeks to see him play in Napoli when Azzurri play Lithuania.

Kranjcar is there but not starting. Took a quick look at Modric. Vlatko are they showing this game in Croatia?

I'll have to watch the rest of the game on tape later today.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
italy is controlling the play........just no central defence...... the balls going foward arent great but 4 shots for rocchi and no goals.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lions led by donkeys

i know this is a weakened italia side, but this is jsut pathetic from donadoni, how can 6 months in serie A get u the italia job without a clue of what he is doing, my fears of his appointment are being justified.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
hey.....what can he do? he called up this team and a 4th italia team cant get it done. well from midfield up its ok but our central defence is terrible. i wanna see di michele and di natale

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Morra10 said:
hey.....what can he do? he called up this team and a 4th italia team cant get it done. well from midfield up its ok but our central defence is terrible. i wanna see di michele and di natale

its not that, its the overall approach. what is it with milanista related managers and screwing up the nazionale side? donadoni is set to be the new cesere maldini.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
its only a friendly.......and none of these guys have played together. you cant expect alot out of this. I will wait till i see a world cup qualifier and see what donadoni's got, before writing him off after a frinedly.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
Chiellini has a good 1st half, with him as our fullback I would not miss zambrota that much. hoping he can do better and better

BTW, we dont need ameilia, he is an overated player and he has a long way to walk to catch up with Buffon, people who has thought of exchange Buffon with ameilia must be crazy

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
AlexTheGreat said:
Chiellini has a good 1st half, with him as our fullback I would not miss zambrota that much. hoping he can do better and better

BTW, we dont need ameilia, he is an overated player and he has a long way to walk to catch up with Buffon, people who has thought of exchange Buffon with ameilia must be crazy

amelia shuda caught tht 2nd goal easily.

chimi and mirante for italia!!!

Sep 14, 2003
0-2 is a little harsh on Italy. But considering the team and our record against Croatia it was maybe to be expected. We already knew that 80% of these players aren't good enough, and they've just confirmed it to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)