Walter Samuel (4 Viewers)

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Juventus boss Fabio Capello is hoping to have Real Madrid’s Walter Samuel at his disposal next season.

The Turin giants are on the verge of winning their 28th title, but the tactician is keen to strengthen his squad in a bid to also win the Champions’ League in the new campaign.

Although Juve have the best defensive record in Serie A, they lack central defensive options seeing as both Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram have virtually played throughout the whole season without a break.

Capello wants another stopper and Samuel is believed to be high of his wish-list given their success together in the past.

The Argentine established himself as one of the best defenders in the world while at Roma under the tactician.

However, reports suggest that Real would only release him if Juventus include one of their players who are of interest to them in any negotiations.

The Madrid outfit are believed to be keen on Gigi Buffon, Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic but the Turin club are unlikely to release any of the three.

Meanwhile, Messina’s Alessandro Parisi will take part in Juventus’ end of season tour in Japan.

The left-back, contracted to his current club until 2007, will be given the chance to impress Capello.

Juve, who have been linked with the player for some time, could then decide to make a summer bid for his permanent services.

Teammate Marco Zanchi, who is on loan at Messina from Juventus, is also expected to be involved in the Far East trip.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
Juventus boss Fabio Capello is hoping to have Real Madrid’s Walter Samuel at his disposal next season.

The Turin giants are on the verge of winning their 28th title, but the tactician is keen to strengthen his squad in a bid to also win the Champions’ League in the new campaign.

Although Juve have the best defensive record in Serie A, they lack central defensive options seeing as both Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram have virtually played throughout the whole season without a break.

Capello wants another stopper and Samuel is believed to be high of his wish-list given their success together in the past.

The Argentine established himself as one of the best defenders in the world while at Roma under the tactician.

However, reports suggest that Real would only release him if Juventus include one of their players who are of interest to them in any negotiations.

The Madrid outfit are believed to be keen on Gigi Buffon, Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic but the Turin club are unlikely to release any of the three.

Meanwhile, Messina’s Alessandro Parisi will take part in Juventus’ end of season tour in Japan.

The left-back, contracted to his current club until 2007, will be given the chance to impress Capello.

Juve, who have been linked with the player for some time, could then decide to make a summer bid for his permanent services.

Teammate Marco Zanchi, who is on loan at Messina from Juventus, is also expected to be involved in the Far East trip.
samuel...well if we really have to :D

Parisi will be itneresting, as long as we dont spend a stupid amount on him....we could have a great left side combo with Chie And Parisi, rambo loking after right back....that would be an amazing side.

OP
Lippi.am

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Real bought Samuel for €24 mln. Do we have such amount of money? Even if we do, it would be better to seek for cheaper alternatives and try to spend the money to reinforce other parts of the squad.

Oct 29, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++
    Samuel is not crap he is amazing but if his prize tag is to high then I hope that he will stay with Real Madrid...
    if u watched him playing for madrid this season u wud agree with me, he gives away like a million fouls a game, so clumsy

OP
    Lippi.am

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Agree, Chivu will be the best option, but he is always injured...
    News about Samuel are just rumours.

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

if u watched him playing for madrid this season u wud agree with me, he gives away like a million fouls a game, so clumsy
    Yeah I have seen some RM matches and yes he gives away many fouls per match but can't you remember how great he was last year at Roma under Fabio Capello?

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Messina’s Alessandro Parisi will take part in Juventus’ end of season tour in Japan?
    why is he a juve player already?

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++

The Madrid outfit are believed to be keen on Gigi Buffon, Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    they can take appiah/blasi/zebina instead

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
    hehe

I think Parisi is only on trial for the summer only.

Bah, I know Samuel was awesome in Rome, but he is not at his top in Real. It may be the new envoirement and club etc.

However, Real screwed Liverpool on the transfermarked twice when buying Owen and in exchange they got Nunez and the price for Morientes.

I hope Moggi is smarter than that :p

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Samuel is very good, despite this season at RM.

But, would he play? Who would he replace? Surely not Thuram or Canna? Unless Thuram moves to right back, but he is at his best in the middle.

I would welcome Samuel, but not if Gig, Emo or Zlatan are included.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    Samuel...Could be very good signing for us, we can play 3-4-1-2 formation, my personal fav formation :)

---------------------------Buffon

-----------Thuram-------Samuel-----------Canna

Cammo---------Emerson--------Appiah(Edu)--------Zambro

---------------------------Nedved

--------------Zlatan------------DP (Cassano)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)