• Thread Starter #44
    QUOTE]++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

alright then, if thats what u want:

----------------Trappatoni------------------

--------Panucci-Nesta-Maldini-----------

-Gattuso-----Tommassi-------------Fiore

--------------------Totti-----------------------

Inzaghi---------Inzaghi---------Delvecchio [/QUOTE]

What? This is all wrong!! No Paramatti? And why are Gattuso,Tommasi and Fiore there,they are good...And Totti is the most needed player in the NT,while Pippo is on a hot-streak.

Taibi - Panucci,Materazzi,Iuliano,Paramatti - Conte,Tacchinardi,C. Zanetti - Doni - S. Inzaghi,Delvecchio

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    The Italian media are up in arms after the Azzurri managed a pitiful draw with Yugoslavia on Saturday night in Naples. They set Giovanni Trapattoni's bench on fire and blame him for Italy's poor and unimaginative style.

"Bring Dino Zoff back", sports daily Corriere dello Sport splashed on its Sunday edition's frontpage.

Trapattoni responded to the criticism with a grin and said he would be "happy for Zoff if he came back on the Italy bench".

The former Juve and Bayern coach also revealed he did not feel any pressure ahead of Italy's clash with Wales on Wednesday. "The players and the Federation still trust me", Trapattoni said.

There is little doubt he will be overthrown should the Azzurri fail to win in Cardiff.

====================

Zoff?? .. brings back Euro2000 memories, but at least Italy were strong back then !!

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    There is little doubt he will be overthrown should the Azzurri fail to win in Cardiff.
    and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we get thumped, either

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    So Wales is like a club team ???? Basically an average team ????

BET THE HOUSE FOR A WALES WIN, 2-1 !!!!

OUR AZZURRI IS DEAD, AND ONCE TRAP IS GONE, WE WILL BE REBORN (I HOPE !!!!)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    We must win against Wales and start collecting points before its too late .. Wales have an average team, and shouldn't cause us alot of problems .. our defence should be more careful, that goes to Nesta whose blunder probably cost us the 3 points against Yugo .. the midfield also needs to improve dramatically .. while the offensive line is marred with injures (Totti, Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Vechio, Montella) .. lets hope Del Piero could get us the 3 points :angel:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #52
    I have a feeling that we will lose or draw...Hopefully the players go out determined to get a win and play to the best of their ability,but I doubt they'll do that..Afterall,most of them,like most of us,want Trapattoni out!!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    he must go!!!!

bring in Lippi before its too late!!
    Lippi has admitted that he would like to take the Azzurri job,but I highly doubt he will coach Juve and Italy at the same time..And what about Capello? If Roma sack him he can be brought in!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    According to Erik, he heard that capello doesn't want the NT job.
    So let Lippi have the NT, and get us a new coach

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    Probable Starting Lineup : Buffon - Panucci,Cannavaro,Nesta,Zauri - Tommasi,Ambrosini,Gattuso - Pirlo - Maccarone,Del Piero

Prediction : Wales 1 Italy 2
    The Welsh will be without a doubt very difficult to beat,but I think we should be able to beat them if the defence stands strong and Pirlo+Ambrosini can lead the charge in midfield the way we know they can...Totti,Vieri and Inzaghi are all injured while Doni and Montella are doubtful,so Maccarone may get to start alongside Del Piero. DP will need to deliver the goods upfront if Italy are to break down the Welsh defence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)