Vucinic: Ready for the off (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Mirko Vucinic is relishing the chance to return to Champions League action after featuring for previous club Roma on Europe’s greatest stage.
The striker fired a double in the Giallorossi’s 3-1 win over Chelsea in November 2008, and is looking forward to testing himself against the continent’s finest once again.
“It’s stimulating to play against many champions,” said the 28-year-old. “I always did pretty well when I played for Roma in the Champions League. If I had to choose between winning in the championship or the Champions League, I would have to go for the second. It’s got a particular appeal.”
The Montenegrin, who netted nine goals in last season’s run to the Scudetto, also took time to acknowledge the club’s business in the transfer market.
Juventus have moved quickly to secure the signatures of Isla, Asamoah, Giovinco and Lucio, equipping Conte with the right personnel to challenge on both domestic and European fronts.
“They’re all great players and these important reinforcements will give us a big hand. The more new signings we make, the better...”
After enjoying some well-earned time off, Vucinic is now ready to throw himself into a testing pre-season programme which gets underway tomorrow afternoon in Val d’Aosta.
“We know the manager well and we’re aware how up for it he will be. We’ll also be similarly motivated ourselves.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)