Voetbal International EXCLUSIVE: Stam to Milan!!! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
JAAP STAM MOVES TO AC MILAN

Jaap Stam will be wearing the red&black jersey for the next two seasons. The 31-year old Dutch International and his club Lazio Roma have agreed on the main terms of a contract with AC Milan. "The details shouldn't be a problem", his manager explains.

Just a few weeks ago, Stam explained that he was thinking of moving to Holland to finish his career. Now it seems that the defender has found the motivation to lengthen his career as he is about to sing a contract with the defending European Champions.

The transfer sum is rumoured to be around fifteen million euros.

----------------------------------

Taken from www.vi.nl

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    He can't play LB, that's why the Dutch NT has a big problem in that position.

So I guess he'll be an expensive back-up.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    GAVE ME A FOKIN HEART ATTACK...until the OFFICIAL SITE CONFIRMS it its all Hogwash to me Matto. Hope your right though I would prefered a Younger player and an italian defender.
    Mate, the site where I got this from ONLY post transfer news once it's OFFICIAL.

I don't post rumours on these forums. Never have, never will.

However, the article does state that the negotions haven't been fully finalised. Now, it also says the minor details won't be a problem but I suppose you could argue that it's not 100% finalised and it hence, still, qualifies as uncertainty.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    That would be an impressive, albeit old, defense.

Nesta, non-withstanding.

How does any team plan on penetrating that wall next year??

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Z has a point..nothing is guaranteed...Costacurta has still proven to be a HUGE asset to this defence ranked 1st in Italy regardless of Kaladze's strong season 2002-2003 and Pancaro's arrival.
    Like I said I would have prefered a younger defender and an Italian one (however I don't see any phenoms out there just yet) but I would take Stam.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    WHAT! NO! Milan's defense would become the most strong and experienced defense around. They would lack a little pace, but don't underestimate Cafu and Stam. They're unlike Montero and Ferrara, they are stil playing top quality football.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

aha... so the combined age of their defence is what?
    ...170?
    actually take out Stam and put in Costacurta and your age is even older..but who gives a sh*t..that is our D today and LOOK at our D and goals allowed: add it up to 800 if it floats your boat...its the best we have had in years and the top in Serie A presently...would you rather young bucks like Legro, Montero and Ferrara ??!!! :howler:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I'm not even comparing them to Juve's defence, cuz that would be a serious waste of time. I'm just wondering if Milan really need more experience on the field, instead of thinking of the future. It's great as it is, so why not start preparing for future seasons...

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    I agree with you and as I said I would prefer a young Italian defender BUT there is none who is showing flashes of brilliance AND as Most of the team is in their prime the mentality may be..patch it up NOW and invest in the off season. 31 year old defender like Stam for two years could do wonders. Not saying he will be there for years.
    I was just saying its foolish to add up the age because it means Zilch..this years D of ours is old...and the top...juve's D of last season was older as well and the top....

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    yea yea, I know what you mean about the age thing and I agree. I was just saying "go for some youngsters" in my own weird way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)