Vitorino Antunes...who? (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus Sign Hot Portuguese Prospect - Report
According to Telelombardia, the Bianconeri have signed Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes from Pacos Ferreira.

The Old Lady's transfer market seems to be never ending as Juventus continue to search for those players who can make the Bianconeri's present and future.

According to Luca Cattani of Telelombardia, Juventus have signed the left full-back of the Portuguese Under-21 national team, Antunes, who was one of the best players for his national side during these European Championships.

He also had an excellent season with his club, Pacos Ferreira, and caught the eye of various European clubs in the past days with Portugal, but if the reports are to be believed, then Juventus have had the upper hand.

The 20-year-old will however not remain with Juventus next season, as the Bianconeri will most likely send him on loan to a Serie B side. The favourites are Vicenza who had already expressed an interest in the young player in January.

Goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Juventus Sign Hot Portuguese Prospect - Report
According to Telelombardia, the Bianconeri have signed Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes from Pacos Ferreira.

The Old Lady's transfer market seems to be never ending as Juventus continue to search for those players who can make the Bianconeri's present and future.

According to Luca Cattani of Telelombardia, Juventus have signed the left full-back of the Portuguese Under-21 national team, Antunes, who was one of the best players for his national side during these European Championships.

He also had an excellent season with his club, Pacos Ferreira, and caught the eye of various European clubs in the past days with Portugal, but if the reports are to be believed, then Juventus have had the upper hand.

The 20-year-old will however not remain with Juventus next season, as the Bianconeri will most likely send him on loan to a Serie B side. The favourites are Vicenza who had already expressed an interest in the young player in January.

Goal.com

Classic...

Jul 5, 2005
I found an alternative reference for Antunes in Goal.com

Antunes "Thrilled" By Juve Chance

Portuguese under-21 prospect Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes says he would be delighted to join Serie A new-boys Juventus.

The 20-year-old defender was a key player in helping his side Pacos de Ferreira earn a sixth-placed finish last season and their first ever appearance in the Uefa Cup.

Antunes will represent his country against Italy in the Under-21 Olympic Games play-off on Thursday.

"I would be thrilled with the opportunity if it were given to me. I am ready to take a step up," he said of a possible move to Juventus.

"I will wait for the end of the tournament to clarify the details, then I hope I will be able to start this adventure."

Antunes could join Juve for around £1.4 million.

The player has also been linked with Vicenza.

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=330672

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Juve close on Antunes Monday 18 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports in Italy suggest that Juventus are close to signing Portuguese Under-21 star Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes.

The 20-year-old defender was one of the protagonists of last season, helping his side Pacos de Ferreira earn their first-ever UEFA Cup qualification thanks to an unexpected sixth-placed finish.

Felipe Scolari also gave him his senior debut in the 1-1 draw in Kuwait and Antunes will be one of the players facing Italy in the Under-21 Olympic Games play-off on Thursday.

The player’s performances have attracted a number of clubs, but Juve seem to be favoured in the race to sign the youngster, who admits that he would favour a move to the Old Lady.

“I would be thrilled with the opportunity if it were given to me. I am ready to take a step up,” Antunes told the Press.

“I will wait for the end of the tournament to clarify the details, then I hope I will be able to start this adventure.”

Antunes is also a reported target for Vicenza, but they consider the player’s £1.4m price excessive and have offered Juventus a co-ownership deal, which the Bianconeri are allegedly taking into consideration.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun18a.html

Mar 24, 2006
Shite , TBH i hate our club lame transfer policy , buy some talented labelled player and then sent him out to the smaller club for 1 or 2 season , but guess what's happening after that ? mostly was not come back to Juventus . look at the Brighi , Gladstone , Iven Ergic or even Maresca , they are completely disappeared at Juventus now !

FFS , why don't we keep this kid for a season , we can use him as a Chiellini sub. , the reason why we bought him is because he is good right ? so , hands off board man , don't do another stupid move especially after you sold Balza to Fiorentina :faq1: , just give him a chance to prove himself next season , and feel free to make another decision after that .

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
not ours yet.. he will decide when the under 21 championship is finished Portogallo Antunes 'Juve? Non ho firmato'. L'agente 'E' un'opzione'

17:48 del 18 giugno

L'esterno difensivo della nazionale portoghese e del Pacos Ferreira Antunes, ha smentito sulle pagine del quotidiano lusitano 'A Bola' di aver firmato con la Juventus: "Non ho detto nulla, i giornali dicono che con la Juventus tutto è stato definito, ma io non ho detto niente. Quando finirà l'Europeo valuterò il mio futuro, ma per ora non ho firmato nulla". Intanto l'agente del giocatore ha confermato l'incontro con i bianconeri ma sottolinea che 'ci sono altre squadre. La Juve è un'opzione che stiamo valutando. Per ora nulla è stato definito'.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Antunes reveals Juventus agreement

Portugal U-21 star weighs up switch to Italy or Sporting [ <------ an IQ test for the lad? :D ]

A whirl of speculation continues to surround Pacos de Ferreira’s Portugal U-21 player Antunes. The left-back is being sought after by clubs across Europe, including Italian giants Juventus.

After Portugal’s loss to Italy for qualification to the Olympics next year, the player himself declared that an agreement has been made between him and the Italian outfit.

“I admit that I may leave if it is good for me and for Pacos de Ferreira. An agreement has been made with Juventus, but I will have to see what will happen because I have other offers.”

It looks like being an interesting summer for the young Antunes as he may very well be the next big transfer out of Portugal, following Nani and Anderson’s moves to Manchester United. However, an internal transfer has not been ruled out.

Sporting a possibility
The possibility of moving to Sporting has surfaced and Antunes does not discount the prospect of playing with some of his Portugal team-mates, namely Moutinho, Miguel Veloso and Yannick Djalo, on a daily basis.

“It’s a good possibility because they are a club that promote young players.”

http://www.portugoal.net/PFerreira/Antunes-Juventus-Sporting.htm

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
If we get this guy, maybe just MAYBE we should keep him...he's a natural left back, right? Right now we just have Molinaro, plus Chiellini and Criscito who are both better in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)