Vitorino Antunes...who? (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
No, because I don't have sufficient connections to be able to initiate such a trade. If you wanted to undertake such a transaction, who would you contact to do so?

I wonder if there is a medium of communication for such a deal, and if Chelsea would accept it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He just turned 20, so starting for Juve is a pretty unlikely scenario right away. Not everyone can be a Maldini.

But then look at Nani in the U-21s after his big sign-up by ManU... he looks like a total waste. And yet the guy got MOM against Belgium for the adult Euro 2008 qualifying team just two weeks ago. Go figure.

:lol: Yeah, but I would give my left nut for Carvalho or even Andrade at CB.
My point was that we have quite a few promising young players and OK back ups, we need to spend our cash on players who will instantly add quality to our starting 11.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
No, because I don't have sufficient connections to be able to initiate such a trade. If you wanted to undertake such a transaction, who would you contact to do so?

I wonder if there is a medium of communication for such a deal, and if Chelsea would accept it.
I wonder too, but that leaves us with the question: Those you left nut have any special quality, I don't know Mourinho that well, but I think that would be neccesary...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
That is true. But Mourinho is the special one, he isn't your average run-of-the-mill fellow. He might be willing to take a chance on such a deal, depending on the circumstances.

We may as well give it a try, i guess.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
That is true. But Mourinho is the special one, he isn't your average run-of-the-mill fellow. He might be willing to take a chance on such a deal, depending on the circumstances.

We may as well give it a try, i guess.
Hmm, that's interresting, maybe you can contact him, offering your nut, and see how he will react, maybe he'll offer Shevshenko for it...

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Don't judge him if you don't know him...

I saw all the Superliga games and Antunes was consider the surprise of the Superliga.

He did a great season and he is young...
He is not expensive so I think we should give him a chance...
I agree, but Veloso won the defence of the month award more than he did, and Veloso can play any position as long as it's on the left side, he can also play center defence really well, the only position I believe he cannot play is striker, but he has a good free-kick just as Antunes does.

Veloso is 1 year older, he would also cost more but he has proven himself more than Antunes has, then again Veloso was on Sporting and Antunes was on Pacos de Ferreira. Either one would be an amazing buy for Juventus, but right now it's gonna be Antunes I hope.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #89
    One of my Portuguese friends told me that Antunes was at the game Juve-Mantova with Secco about 20 days ago. There was also a rumor about the same time as the Antunes rumors going around saying that Pessotto showed a new Juve acquisition the trophy room...I guess it was him then. BOH!

Fellas

Farsopoli
    Jun 13, 2005
    Artunes is a good buy, hes been very good this year so why not give him a chanse, he can be at the summercamp if Ranieri thinks his ready he can be a substitute, or he can go to Vinzenza on loan and come back better nezt year

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm frustrated. :D

I've never seen Antunes, and although you and many say he is an good buy, I don't really know why our board would target him now.

I mean, can the guy immediately hold down a starting position in serie A? Or is he the type of signing that will be fruitful in 2 years?

If so, what is the boards transfer strategy if we did buy him, coz it doesnt seem to be our utmost priority.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Now on tribal too

Juventus on verge of deal for Antunes
    tribalfooball.com - June 17, 2007

Juventus are closing in on Portugal U21 international fullback Vitorino Antunes.

The defender hails from Pacos Ferreira and Juve are close to sealing an agreement for his arrival to Turin.

Juve intend to send Antunes away on-loan to a Serie B club next season, with Vicenza having already expressed interest.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    No doubt our new man ANTUNES will be unveiled to the media at the same time as Huntelaar, Tiago, Grygera, Almiron, Barzagli, Salihamidzic, Cruz, Criscito, Gilberto Silva and Van der Vaart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)