Viola want Juve trio (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
maybe not as good defensively,but maresca is a much more complete player with the ability to run the midfield like how davids,makelele and emerson can.

you might argue that we couldn't have him and emerson in the middle of the park,but given emerson's strength and robustness and maresca's flair and mobility i'd say they'd make a good pair.i'm not a big fan of blasi personally-he tackles well and fights for every ball but doesn't contribute alot to the team overall.in that sense he's not much unlike his predecessor tacchinardi-a destroyer,no more and no less.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
maybe not as good defensively,but maresca is a much more complete player with the ability to run the midfield like how davids,makelele and emerson can.

you might argue that we couldn't have him and emerson in the middle of the park,but given emerson's strength and robustness and maresca's flair and mobility i'd say they'd make a good pair.i'm not a big fan of blasi personally-he tackles well and fights for every ball but doesn't contribute alot to the team overall.in that sense he's not much unlike his predecessor tacchinardi-a destroyer,no more and no less.
I agree that Maresca's more complete than Blasi is, and it's also true that our DMs aren't really helping out in attack (as silly as that sounds). Emerson isn't attacking as much as he did with Roma, and as you said Blasi is a destroyer in Tacchinardi's mould, the only difference being that Blasi does a better job than Tacchi is currently able to.

Even though Blasi isn't as constructive as Maresca, I still think he's doing what he does fantastically, and that he's adding a lot of solidity to our team. It'd be grand to be able to field Maresca, Emerson and Blasi, which we know Capello is capable of doing since he's fielded 3 DMs before... but if we were to make a straight swap between Enzo and Blasi, I think we'd notice the difference in defence.

I'm not saying that I don't want Maresca back and Blasi's absolutely the better player, but while Manuele's playing well, I say let him do his thing :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
there's certainly a place for the both of them in this team.even if we don't make a clear distinction between the two i'm sure both of them would fit in well with the rotation system to fit the team's needs depending on the situation.

and the first step would be to haul Enzo's ass back to the Delle Alpi where he belongs:)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I agree that Maresca's more complete than Blasi is, and it's also true that our DMs aren't really helping out in attack (as silly as that sounds). Emerson isn't attacking as much as he did with Roma, and as you said Blasi is a destroyer in Tacchinardi's mould, the only difference being that Blasi does a better job than Tacchi is currently able to.

Even though Blasi isn't as constructive as Maresca, I still think he's doing what he does fantastically, and that he's adding a lot of solidity to our team. It'd be grand to be able to field Maresca, Emerson and Blasi, which we know Capello is capable of doing since he's fielded 3 DMs before... but if we were to make a straight swap between Enzo and Blasi, I think we'd notice the difference in defence.

I'm not saying that I don't want Maresca back and Blasi's absolutely the better player, but while Manuele's playing well, I say let him do his thing :)
I agree Graham. The reason our defense has been so strong lately is partly due to the hard work in midfield, which is key to Capello's side. If Maresca would suddenly come in for Blasi, that would change the mould of the team, and the midfield would not be as strong defensively. Even though Enzo would add much more to our attack, do we really need it, considering it would weaken the defense? I say if it's not broke why fix it? Blasi is doing a fine job next to Emerson, and he should keep his spot.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I think that Blasi is a beter player based on what we want him to do. I personally would not swap Blasi for Maresca.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Chiellini unsure of future
Friday 19 November, 2004

Fiorentina and Juventus are desperately trying to reach an agreement over the future of Giorgio Chiellini.

The left-back is currently excelling in Florence after he joined in a co-ownership deal from Juve in the summer.

The Turin giants do have the option to recall him at the end of the season but the Viola are keen to keep hold of him.

"I’m happy because it is better for me to play regularly here rather than sit on the bench in Turin," Chiellini stated.

"It is important for youngsters like me to play as regularly as possible. My future? I’ll just have to see what the two clubs decide in June."

Some reports today suggest that Juve could allow him to remain for another season but then take him back in the summer of 2006.

Chiellini, an Under-21 international, has made an exceptional start to the season and even won his first full Italy cap on Wednesday.

The former Livorno ace featured in the 1-0 win over Finland and is being tipped to remain in the squad after an excellent display.

channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)