Vincenzo Iaquinta (8 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Even Borriello took a massive wage cut to play again and Iaquinta isn't even willing to do that.
I just hate when they go the shameless route and start doing this shit a la amauri. But on the other hand.... thats what was stated on their contracts so they are in their right to enforce it....stilll....this makes me want to pull off my hair.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Would you? I wouldn't!
'Till some extend I would yes. Surely going from 3M to 500K would be stupid and an option I would decline.

But if I could actually play on a regular basis and feel valuable to a team and still make at least 1.5-2M then I would move.

Apr 29, 2006
Surely, you all understand that it is quite dependent on the specific contract they have signed. Not a single player has really taken a wage cut and even if a player did that, no agent would do that. Its unprofessional.
If we were so desperate to offload Iaquinta we would have been willing to pay a golden handshake/50+% of his salary and so on... We aren't and so do all of 'his investors'. Obviously there wasn't anyone desperate to sign him either.

Apr 29, 2006
We did offer him a golden handshake to rescind his contract, koss. We did. Try to keep up ;)
I admit, I might be not up to the knowledge of others here, but I am willing to bet that no one knows the 'details' of that offer. If his best move out of Juve is on a 500k deal, he might not accept loosing 1m by being released. (assuming our golden handshake offer was an honorable 50/50)

In this theoretical instance the question is do we want to cut our loss by 500k or not?
Apparently we didn't. Might have something to do with what RED was talking about Bilbao's president - sending a message to others...

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
We did offer him a golden handshake to rescind his contract, koss. We did. Try to keep up ;)
They have no rights to do that. It's not his fault that he is not wanted by the coach. I would take every penny.

Seeing how Juve treated Alex not extending his contract. Then Iaquinta is doing same thing just respecting the contract.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
when ppl do a bad job or fail misrably at what they do, the get fired! iaquinta making 3m a year is a disgrace, he should produce wc performances week in week out for that kind of money.

glad he only has a year left, secco tried to kill juve with his stupied "deals", and wages.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I admit, I might be not up to the knowledge of others here, but I am willing to bet that no one knows the 'details' of that offer. If his best move out of Juve is on a 500k deal, he might not accept loosing 1m by being released. (assuming our golden handshake offer was an honorable 50/50)

In this theoretical instance the question is do we want to cut our loss by 500k or not?
Apparently we didn't. Might have something to do with what RED was talking about Bilbao's president - sending a message to others...
They have no rights to do that. It's not his fault that he is not wanted by the coach. I would take every penny.

Seeing how Juve treated Alex not extending his contract. Then Iaquinta is doing same thing just respecting the contract.
They have every right to offer whatever they want. It's up to Iaquinta to agree with it or not and apparently the leech didn't.

Which is very understandable since he'll never play football again, whether the coach likes him or not. The guy resembles one big injury. And nowhere in the world is there someone stupid enough to pay Iaquinta anything near 3 million since Secco is not a DS anymore...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I just hate when they go the shameless route and start doing this $#@! a la amauri. But on the other hand.... thats what was stated on their contracts so they are in their right to enforce it....stilll....this makes me want to pull off my hair.
If you worked for a company and think you're not getting appreciated then I'm sure you'll be happy enough to collect your wages too. But from a fans view. Very frustrating!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)