Vincenzo Iaquinta (8 Viewers)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Sissoko also plays with heart and passion.
That's true, he does.

Iaquinta to Juve is like Gatusso to Milan, he hypes up the fans and brings that extra something to the game. Sissoko does play with passion, but he doesn't have the same emotional impact Iaquinta does.

Sissoko offers more to Juve technically than Iaquinta, that goes without saying. Iaquinta just knows how to connect with the fans with his celebrations, temper ....

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Better than Sissoko?
Considering the differnece in money we paid for them and also he is Italian and his performance in few games he played (8 goals In Serie A + 4 in Coppa) and in Overall, Yes! I think he is Better! But this is just my opinion and I respect yours.

Iaquinta scored 12 goals last season in Little chances he got, how many goals did Amauri scored for Palermo last season?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Considering the differnece in money we paid for them and also he is Italian and his performance in few games he played (8 goals In Serie A + 4 in Coppa) and in Overall, Yes! I think he is Better! But this is just my opinion and I respect yours.

Iaquinta scored 12 goals last season in Little chances he got, how many goals did Amauri scored for Palermo last season?
The Italian thing really makes your opinion strong and what has Amauri to do with the whole thing? And Sissoko is not a striker, so we are not expecting him to score goals.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Iaquinta Answers Juve Fans

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta reacted to the plea made by the club's fans against his possible departure.Vincenzo Iaquinta was not left unmoved by his fans' affection. The Juventus striker gave his reaction to the official plea issued by the club's fans on www.vecchiasignora.com, in which they urged the management not to let the World Cup winner go.

Recently, in fact, there had been rumours that Juve were considering selling the player, but it turns out that, even though he was not always first choice, the striker has already won the hearts of the fans after his first year at the club.

Iaquinta wrote the following message back to the Juventus fans:

"In these days I have read the declarations of esteem and affection of my fans both on the newspapers and on the Vecchiasignora site. I am proud and happy to be one of you. I will fight and honor this shirt for all of you.

Best regards, Forza Juve

Vincenzo Iaquinta"

Danilo Pochini

-Goal.com

Forza Iaquinta!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Considering the differnece in money we paid for them
Ignoring the fact its dead obvious Momo is way more vital for us and has considerable more impact, and I am saying that as fan of Vincenzo. Your difference in money must be either made up on the spot or you just dont know better.

But just so you know Momo cost 13m euro, Iaquinta cost 11m plus half of Paolucci's contract. Depending on Paolucci's worth, that means at the least as much as Momo's price, or more depending on the valuation of Paolucci's half.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
I love Iaquinta as if he has been in Juve for years, he has been with us for one season only and has saved us many times, He played for juve with pure heart!
If i could ask for one favor from the club, it would be to keep Iaquinta for he is a true juventino!

FORZA IAQUINTA!

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
6 July 2008
Iaquinta: «We're stronger than ever»

«I read in the newspapers about me possibly leaving to for Rome or Naples and I have to say that annoyed me a little. Truth is I met the Club before leaving for my holidays in Calabria and they said they're happy with me and on my part I'm happy to stay here, because Juve have given me a lot and I can feel the fans' affection for me». Vincenzo Iaquinta strongly denies the rumours in the press that linked him to several transfer negotiations. Truth is that the striker will be one of the four strikers next season; Juventus were already excellent up front, and now they're even more competitive with Amauri's arrival: «We're playing three competitions and we needed another forward. Amauri's signing makes us even stronger up front and we were already the best in that department last season. I'll try and do everything I can to play as much as possible. I'm motivated; I want to show what I'm worth. Playing with three up front? We haven't spoken with the Manager about formations, but last year we played with three up front in both games against Roma and it went well».

Inevitably, talk then moved on to possible transfer market candidates for midfield: «For us forwards, it's always best to have a skilful midfielder, who can play the ball vertically. It must be said we already have one at Juventus: Tiago is that kind of player and I hope that if he stays he can show his worth. If Tiago played as I've always seen him play in training, we wouldn't need anyone else. He didn't play much last year, but he was coming from a foreign League, he had to adjust to ours. And then there's Zanetti, who can make some great long passes for the strikers, we saw it very well with Del Piero… I read a lot of midfielders' names; I hope we get a really strong player, so that we'll be competitive with any team. Xabi Alonso is a great player and I like Stankovic too, but reading what our fans think of him in the papers, it seems unlikely…».

Vincenzo is expected to have another season in the spotlight: last year he started off great, but towards the end a few injuries slowed him down, and cost him the call-up for the European Championships. One of his goals now is getting back into the National team: «I'm happy that Lippi's back, he's always called me up, he's always believed in me and made me part of the World Cup team. But I'm sorry for Donadoni, because he always had faith in me too ».

The last thought is for Pavel Nedved, who seems to be one of the most motivated players during these first pre-season training days: «Nedved is always motivated; his determination impressed me as soon as I met him last year. At 36 he still wants to push the rest of the team on in training... I don't think he'll hang up his boots next year, in fact I'll probably end up retiring before he does...»

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
6 July 2008
Iaquinta: «We're stronger than ever»

«I read in the newspapers about me possibly leaving to for Rome or Naples and I have to say that annoyed me a little. Truth is I met the Club before leaving for my holidays in Calabria and they said they're happy with me and on my part I'm happy to stay here, because Juve have given me a lot and I can feel the fans' affection for me». Vincenzo Iaquinta strongly denies the rumours in the press that linked him to several transfer negotiations. Truth is that the striker will be one of the four strikers next season; Juventus were already excellent up front, and now they're even more competitive with Amauri's arrival: «We're playing three competitions and we needed another forward. Amauri's signing makes us even stronger up front and we were already the best in that department last season. I'll try and do everything I can to play as much as possible. I'm motivated; I want to show what I'm worth. Playing with three up front? We haven't spoken with the Manager about formations, but last year we played with three up front in both games against Roma and it went well».

Inevitably, talk then moved on to possible transfer market candidates for midfield: «For us forwards, it's always best to have a skilful midfielder, who can play the ball vertically. It must be said we already have one at Juventus: Tiago is that kind of player and I hope that if he stays he can show his worth. If Tiago played as I've always seen him play in training, we wouldn't need anyone else. He didn't play much last year, but he was coming from a foreign League, he had to adjust to ours. And then there's Zanetti, who can make some great long passes for the strikers, we saw it very well with Del Piero… I read a lot of midfielders' names; I hope we get a really strong player, so that we'll be competitive with any team. Xabi Alonso is a great player and I like Stankovic too, but reading what our fans think of him in the papers, it seems unlikely…».

Vincenzo is expected to have another season in the spotlight: last year he started off great, but towards the end a few injuries slowed him down, and cost him the call-up for the European Championships. One of his goals now is getting back into the National team: «I'm happy that Lippi's back, he's always called me up, he's always believed in me and made me part of the World Cup team. But I'm sorry for Donadoni, because he always had faith in me too ».

The last thought is for Pavel Nedved, who seems to be one of the most motivated players during these first pre-season training days: «Nedved is always motivated; his determination impressed me as soon as I met him last year. At 36 he still wants to push the rest of the team on in training... I don't think he'll hang up his boots next year, in fact I'll probably end up retiring before he does..

funny guy :D

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Vinny really is saying all the right things every time. I am wondering did he come with these statements at Udine too?

Anyway, you can't do much else than love this guy.. :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)