Vincenzo Iaquinta (10 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005

BUFFON: IAQUINTA COULD BE WILD CARD

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes Juventus team-mate Vincenzo Iaquinta could be the surprise element against Scotland on Saturday.

Iaquinta is expected to start on the bench but Italy coach Roberto Donadoni could spring a surprise and use the striker from the start in the Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden Park.

The 28-year-old was a member of Italy's World Cup-winning squad but was only used as a bit-part player by former coach Marcello Lippi.

"Iaquinta is one of the most in-form players of Serie A at the moment," Buffon said.

"I think he can make a big contribution on Saturday. He has so much hunger, so much enthusiasm to consolidate himself on the international scene."

Sporting Life

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 26, 2007
I love hearing people praising Iaquinta because just a while back people doubted him. I am glad that he is becoming the star player on the Azzurri not the substitute like he was at the WC.

PS Love your choice of photos.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Iaquinta isn't gifted player and hasn't got lot of skills, but he has some other things to cover these and that is his speed and physical power on the pitch and of course stamina.

I enjoy watching Iaquinta and I'm glad I never doubted his abilities.

Jun 13, 2007
Whatever he lacks in in technical areas he makes up for by his hard work and determination . I hope he continues to play like this , he deserves praise from juve fans .

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I love hearing people praising Iaquinta because just a while back people doubted him. I am glad that he is becoming the star player on the Azzurri not the substitute like he was at the WC.

PS Love your choice of photos.
Well, to be honest, I was never convinced with his skills, but his passion seems to have great impact on the games.

PS What photos?

Jun 13, 2007
thanks for summarizing azzurri7's post
Actually I didn't see his post when I posted mine . You can tell by seeing the mere 2 mins between our posts but why bother , you're just some loser who wants to gain cyber popularity by making intelligent remarks which are in fact very unintelligent .

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Vincenzo Iaquinta in Scotland:

"There is no way we will look for a draw. This needs to be a win for us. Scotland are very strong at home in front of their fans. I played in the 1-1 draw here a few years ago and the atmosphere was incredible. It will be just as tough a game tomorrow. It is a very important game for Italian football. After winning the World Cup, we cannot think of not going to the European finals. We just have to get there."

Scotsman

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I loved the part where he ran like a fuckin maniac to chase down a seemingly lost ball before elbowing Barzagli in the chest and escaping with the ball. That was quality. :lol:

Forza Vincenzo, make us proud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)