Vincenzo Iaquinta (42 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Already A Juventus Fan Favourite

A survey carried out by the website J1897.com has revealed that Vincenzo Iaquinta is the Juventus player who has made the most impression with the Bianconeri fans so far this season.

Iaquinta has made a sensational start to his Juventus career since signing from Udinese in the summer and has already scored four goals in Serie A. The 27-year-old won a whopping 62% of the Juventus fans votes, with fellow new-boy Antonio Nocerino gaining just over 20%.

Portuguese midfielder Tiago, who signed from Lyon in pre-season for £9m, is the player who supporters feel has been most disappointing, winning 39.5% of the votes. Argentine schemer Sergio Almiron was second behind him with 25%.

As for what Juventus fans hoped to achieve this year, 61% said they would be content with qualifying for the Champions League, while 35% declared that they wanted to win the Scudetto.

The performance of Coach Claudio Ranieri also came under the spotlight, with 54% satisfied with his work thus far and 38% less than satisfied.

goal.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Iaquinta Already A Juventus Fan Favourite

A survey carried out by the website J1897.com has revealed that Vincenzo Iaquinta is the Juventus player who has made the most impression with the Bianconeri fans so far this season.

Iaquinta has made a sensational start to his Juventus career since signing from Udinese in the summer and has already scored four goals in Serie A. The 27-year-old won a whopping 62% of the Juventus fans votes, with fellow new-boy Antonio Nocerino gaining just over 20%.

Portuguese midfielder Tiago, who signed from Lyon in pre-season for £9m, is the player who supporters feel has been most disappointing, winning 39.5% of the votes. Argentine schemer Sergio Almiron was second behind him with 25%.

As for what Juventus fans hoped to achieve this year, 61% said they would be content with qualifying for the Champions League, while 35% declared that they wanted to win the Scudetto.

The performance of Coach Claudio Ranieri also came under the spotlight, with 54% satisfied with his work thus far and 38% less than satisfied.

goal.com
for me its easy, Zanetti all the way.But Vincenzo pleasantly surprised me as well.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Delighted To Be Playing For Juventus

Vincenzo Iaquinta says that playing for Juventus is the pinnacle of a footballer’s career and has thanked his ex-boss Luciano Spalletti for making him the player he is today.

The 27-year-old striker joined Juventus in the summer from Udinese and has made a sensational start to his Bianconeri career with four goals already this season.

The World Cup winner learnt his trade in the lower leagues of Italian football, playing for the likes of Reggiolo, Padova and Castel di Sangro.

In 2000 he moved to Udine and it was the under the tutelage of Luciano Spalletti that Iaquinta really began to flourish.

“I was playing in Serie C1 and arrived in Serie A when I was 20-years-old,” said Iaquinta.

“I succeeded to make my debut at the end of the season and also scored a goal but I was not happy. I wanted to improve. It was not easy coming from Serie C and playing in the top division straight away.

“Then Spalletti managed to nurture the quality that I had and I have the greatest thanks for him for this.

“I never honestly thought I would ever join Juventus but when I heard that the deal was being done I was in a state of the greatest delight.

“To play for Juventus is the ultimate for any footballer. I do not fear the competition. On the contrary it stimulates me to improve.”

goal.com

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
Hmmmmmm.... I hate to say this (or do I?) but Iaquinta is really starting to grow on me. Seeing him day-in day-out, you really get an appreciation for his pace and he's shown himself to be more than a quick, selfish player with a poor touch.

When we signed him I say I'd be pleased if he somehow reached 10 goals for us but said I'd keep an open mind on him. So far, he's been a pleasant surprise and seems to have a knack for making a positive impact at key times. His play acting also diminishes with each game and it looks like he's "toughening up."

I'm extremely happy with him thus far! (Although I like Chillieni the best of the "new" regulars)

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct14o.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill Iaquinta pulls out Sunday 14 October, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Iaquinta will not feature for Italy against South Africa on Wednesday after he returned to club side Juventus today.

The striker missed the 2-0 Georgia victory last night because of a fever and he’s failed to recover in time for the midweek friendly.

Italy boss Roberto Donadoni consulted his medical staff earlier today and it was agreed that it would be best if the former Udinese man left the camp.

Donadoni has opted against calling up a replacement in the belief that Cristiano Lucarelli and Alberto Gilardino will provide him with enough cover for the Siena tie.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Gazzetta dello Sport
The good and the bad - We rate the summer's transfers

did one of u read the gazzetta today? and can tell me about the ratings for juve players?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)