Vincenzo Iaquinta (109 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
What people are getting at is romantic in a way, certainly something majestic...the idea that some footballers, our favourites, those we respect, want to play football, prove themselves over and over again as gladiators, as warriors. Ideally at Juve, but its not essential, I suggest that many of those bothered by big Vinny's apparent refusal to move clubs, are the same people, who like me, retain a passion for the players whose tenacity, heart and love of the game is the major driving force of their career. Iaquinta has been a good player. never a bad player. too often for us an injured player. If he is chronically injured I understand his motivation more easily. I respect it as well. The case with Amauri was different. He wasn't chronically injured. It makes a huge difference. Failing a fitness rating on FM of 5 or below, it diminishes the idea of Iaquinta having true passion for the game. I can't imagine he is hard up for cash. Could have still earned a decent wage elsewhere, with a near to definite pay-off from us to augment it. His goalscoring feats at Udinese and Juve have been always solid...Why stay???
If its purely for the extra financial incentives, then I understand, but it lessens him as a man and as a player to me. It also shows disrespect for the club and fans.

Some people would happily get paid huge money for doing nothing for 50-60+ hours or more per week. I am not one of them. Especially when I could still be getting paid well enough, considerably less but still 1m+ per year, to try a new city, new country, and play football every week in front of thousands of fans. Its earning well, but those hours are wasted for a passionate man.

Many fans prefer players whose hearts are full of flames burning for the club, and for the sport. Iaquinta used to be in that territory for many juventini, and now he has drifted away from the flock...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)