Vincenzo Iaquinta (62 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Toni not being permanently injured is a good reason to pick him over Iaquinta.
Toni is much better at causing chaos in the opposition defence when the ball is hoofed forward. Iaquinta is a terrible target man.
Toni holds up the ball better, isn't as bad a finisher and gives away less fouls trying to control the ball... and isn't a whiny bitch.
:agree:

If that's true, he also earns less.

IQ has done a much better job as a super sub than Toni has. Luca has his injuries too, regardless of salaries IQ has a better scoring rate and I DONT GIVE HOOT IF HE HAS BEEN HERE LONGER.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What good super-subbing has Iaquinta done this side of his first season at Juve?

This isn't arguing against him, I genuinely can't recall if it's happened.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What good super-subbing has Iaquinta done this side of his first season at Juve?

This isn't arguing against him, I genuinely can't recall if it's happened.
He was always our super-sub after DP/Trez, etc. He had a good scoring rate for the little time he played.

07-08: 8 goals, 24 games played (not started)
08-09: 12 goals, 28 games
09-10: 6 goals, 15 games
10-11: 4 goals, 20 games

Bad year cuz of injuries. :D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
IQ should be second out the door, behind Amore of course. If he stays and makes even 15 sub appearances next season I'd be very surprised.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pffft...Amauri holds the ball well too...and look how well that did for him.

IQ>Toni

IQ if you can shoot on the run and avoid using his first touch is beast. :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
We all agree there was a lack of motivation, the players did not want to perform for the team. It showed when they had the small niggling injuries and they simply took that as an excuse (some of that was facilitated by the coach). Iaq was the showcase for that imo and that is the main reason why I want him out.

He is not the worst of players but I don't see a place for him anymore and I think he lost much of his motivation to perform.

May 22, 2007
I might not be remembering this correctly, but wasn't there a game this season when Iaquinta came on as a sub and dived a bit, put in little effort and a player was shouting at him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)